• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hilariously bad innings

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah saw that. Worst inning I've seen in a test from a batsman is that Suresh Raina inning when he got bowled by patel trying to hit a six when they just needed to milk the bowling.

Worst inning from a tailender is also starring Patel and it was him against Steyn. Had some comedy value though.

Worst inning I've seen in club cricket hmmm....I played in a 6 a side six over game and our opening batsman ran out 4 of us and then got out and that was the end of the inning.

I have seen some terrible fifties and hundreds where the batsman has been useless and got to the milestone through sheer will power and cross batted swipes.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hate to be that guy but someone put it up a while back, think it was in the 'are you the best cricketer in your family thread'

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I took a sip of water right as the second ball was delivered - did well not to die tbh

jan

State Vice-Captain
Is the video there in the link? I cant load it in none of my browsers on none of my computers, strange...

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Ok so there's a challenge for me, the worst test and odi innings. any genuine contenders?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've played at Bradfield - must confess I'm glad it was in the days before square leg umpires carried cameras in their jockstraps else I might have featured in the OP

Daemon

Ok so there's a challenge for me, the worst test and odi innings. any genuine contenders?
Runako Morton's (sp?) duck comes to mind. A couple of rubbish innings from Zaheer in Australia as well, though I assume this is more for batsmen.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Kevin Pietersen scored 80-odd against Pakistan in 2010 that's one of the worst innings I've ever seen. You get innings where batsmen are woefully out of touch early on, somehow survive to 20 then gradually look more like their old selves. Pietersen looked like he'd completely forgotten how to bat yet somehow hacked his way to 80, IIRC he was dropped 3 times.

Sehwag's 2nd innings in his king pair at Edgbaston. You just knew that he was getting out as soon as he took guard and he obliged with a completely spastic shot.

IIRC Sehwag had a dreadful innings in Australia last time out as well where he spent the entire innings spooning the ball into the air before eventually getting caught.

OverratedSanity

Ajay Ratra St. John's 2002. 115 of the worst runs I've seen. Not a single boundary off the middle if the bat I'd imagine. Please, please do it

And yeah, that KP innings against Pakistan was dire too

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kevin Pietersen scored 80-odd against Pakistan in 2010 that's one of the worst innings I've ever seen. You get innings where batsmen are woefully out of touch early on, somehow survive to 20 then gradually look more like their old selves. Pietersen looked like he'd completely forgotten how to bat yet somehow hacked his way to 80, IIRC he was dropped 3 times.
Is that the one where he backed away and then hit the dead ball to the fielder?

Fun times.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Michael Vandort 48 off 117 chasing over 300 in an ODI was pretty horrendous, used to be on youtube but the account got deleted

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I'm gonna give a boring as hell answer and offer up any number by Chris Martin - a staggeringly bad batsman.

When watching a full match, as opposed to a highlights package, it's easy to forget how even poor tailenders can occupy a crease for an hour or so. Enough to really frustrate the opposition. But in the way that an Adam Gilchrist innings is like a real-time highlights package, so is Chirs Martin's. For the simple fact that you know he'll be out in the first few deliveries. The first full straight one in fact.

In my 20+ years of watching cricket, I've seen some crap tailenders - Tuffers, Malcolm, Walsh etc - but all of these are postively God-like compared to Martin, who in real-terms must be responsible for a good % of the terrible test innings played in the last decade.

As far as recognised batsmen go, well one bad shot and you're out. But in terms of slumps, both Nasser and Vaughan were at the blunt end of some pretty **** form in their careers. Vaughan at the backend of his looked like as fagile as I've seen anyone. Flintoff looked appalling with the bat when out of touch. Didn't Mark Waugh once score 4 consecutive ducks? And then there's Agarkar - a player said to be an allrounder who gave us a batting streak a pub player would be ashamed of.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
A guy in our Saturday team once scored a 71 ball 1 - according to club legend. It was before my time, and was said to have taken place back in 2004.