• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hilariously bad innings

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Had a good think, and for me it's Ian Bell's pair at the Oval in 05.
It is hard to look anything but bad when making a pair but Dean Elgar on debut was hilariously bad. It was especially funny for those of us who remember Jboss who used to talk up Elgar so much that I was pretty excited to see him.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that dravid innings in 2007-08 v australia where he scored about 2 runs off 200 balls was pretty bad iirc

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
that dravid innings in 2007-08 v australia where he scored about 2 runs off 200 balls was pretty bad iirc
At Melbourne? I was there at the match, didn't help that Wasim Jaffer made about 4 off 30 at the other end either

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha yeah. Johnson had him ****ting his pants.

Johnson.
tbf johnson would be the worst bowler to face for someone not used/not capable to playing that sort of bowling. you have no ****ing clue where the ball is going to be, and you know you won't have much time to react when you find out.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, MJ actually bowled quite well on that occasion tbf, Elgar wasn't the only one either, some Sri Lankan fingers got ****ed up last summer as well

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
KP has had a good few utterly atrocious innings.

I could only listen to Broad's 2 hour+ 6 from 77 in Eden Park this year but it sounded excruciatingly bad (even though it did save the match).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some if Tubby Taylor's innings during his horrid slump in 96-97 were hella bad. Just looked like he didn't know which end of the bat to hold.

Tbh he was always a great play-and-misser so often didn't look especially great, but on these occasions he was batting in Braille.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Graeme Fowler gets my vote as the greatest player and misser of all time - saw him once spar at every one of Sylvers' deliveries for about three overs without being good enough to nick one, then he got out to the bloke at the other end - Sylvers was noticeably muted during the celebrations