• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Intercontinental Cup ends.

brockley

International Captain
Niall O'Brian: "And then after that we've got the Intercontinental Final, which is in Dubai, which is a five day, it's our equivalent to the kind of test match. We've won the trophy three times, so we want to win it. This is the last time it's going to be held. So we want to beat Afghanistan in the final, which will be played in Dubai on the 10th December. "

brockley

International Captain
Soundes like cost cutting too me.
The Associates have been drummed out of the world cup 2019,and they don't get to play in the T20 World Cup,unless they beat Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.
I think it will go down like a whimper,the Associates have little strength.
The ICC like Cricket Australia are used to starting programs and then ending them.Like for example there was no direct qualifier for the under 19 world cup this year,they just took the top team in the regions,this would have saved them a lot.
The BCCI would be in their ear to wind these programs back,as would other boards like the CA and ECB,which do little or nothing for Associate cricket.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But since cricket is flush with money today unlike any other era before, it would be an ideal thing to invest in the associates. Especially their own version of test matches. Kind of hard to figure out why there aren't more 2nd tier tests. It would be a boon for their skills, and if ticket-selling is the concern, hold the thing in English grounds. People there are more willing to watch this kind of stuff.

brockley

International Captain
Lets see what the ICC will do now,its not a good look.
Yeh crowds are down at Intercontinental games,as well as Pepsi one dayers.
I guess along with vid coverage of Pepsi games,it all adds up.
And essentially the ICC is turning its back on the development of the game.
I look at Cricket Australia we have started so many worthy programs and competitions only to cull them when they are prodcuing fruit.
Its simply cost cutting measures.
I guess it will come down 2 Associate boards to arrange their own tours.
And i guess the example of Kenya down on form,useless at t20,who from the European clam will want to play them,or Bermuda or Namibia.
USA and Canada have the Auty cup once a year i guess.

uvelocity

International Coach
maybe it can come down to some individuals at state associations to help out these guys and organise some tourneys. i know a good t20 tourney over christmas with prizemoney

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They won't leave them out in the cold imo. The WCL will still go on at the very least.