• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Mcgrath Clone

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Does anyone remember Aavishkar Salvi? His action was quite similar to Glenn Mcgrath, looked promising when he started off. But recurring injuries led to his downfall. In fact he even changed his bowling action to avoid injuries. Has anyone seen him closely at the start of his career?? Quality wise, he was nowhere near Mcgrath, but looked like a very steady bowler who could have been useful for India.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does anyone remember Aavishkar Salvi? His action was quite similar to Glenn Mcgrath, looked promising when he started off. But recurring injuries led to his downfall. In fact he even changed his bowling action to avoid injuries. Has anyone seen him closely at the start of his career?? Quality wise, he was nowhere near Mcgrath, but looked like a very steady bowler who could have been useful for India.
He could have been the new Atul Sharma.

BeeGee

International Captain
I haven't read this thread, but I do like the idea of cloning McGarth. Set up some kind of boys from Brazil scenario.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My knowledge is limited, please feel free add to the list of the new McGraths

Clark
Asif
Philander
Bird
Salvi

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Munaf would have been the obvious choice in terms of approach to the crease and delivery.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Out of all the examples, Salvi even copied Mcgrath's batting style. Later on he denied it because he was being labelled as a Mcgrath clone:p. And I don't think the other examples mentioned would have actually tried to copy Mcgrath knowingly. Even in Munaf's case, he reduced his pace and started focusing on line and length due to injuries.

Last edited: