• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar to retire

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Good timing. Hopefully he'll knock a few runs.

His re-invention was an inspiration for sure - but I really do feel it is time now.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It's definitely time to go, but damn, cricket won't quite be the same without Sachin

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Wow. Damn. :(

Probably the right time to retire, but Can't imagine the Indian team without him.

jan

State Vice-Captain
I wish Sachin an enjoyable and well deserved full-time retirement #somecoolsachinhashtag

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah been gunning for his retirement, but the announcement still leaves me with gloomy feeling. He has been part our lives growing up - I mean that absolutely literally.

"All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years. It's hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it's all I have ever done since I was 11 years old. It's been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world."
Safe to say that for no other cricketer, the sport has meant so much.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am feeling a huge sense of loss, much more than I imagined I would. I was just eating my lunch when a friend called, and asked in this incredibly heavy voice, "Suna tune?" (Did you hear about it?). I hadn't, and now this chicken tastes worse than cardboard. The last legend is gone. Nobody left now, show's over. I will perhaps become less nostalgic during the day, and may even partake in a little humour on this, but right now, I am getting a whiskey. Mumbai test, Tendulkar's 200th, vs West Indies is one I am going to watch. I am sure the price of the tickets just went through the roof (ah.. the humour is coming back already..).

SeamUp

International Coach
Worst kept secret after only two tests v Windies were arranged out of the ICC future test schedules and the problems with CSA.

But all the best Sach. You were quality.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I am feeling a huge sense of loss, much more than I imagined I would. I was just eating my lunch when a friend called, and asked in this incredibly heavy voice, "Suna tune?" (Did you hear about it?). I hadn't, and now this chicken tastes worse than cardboard. The last legend is gone. Nobody left now, show's over. I will perhaps become less nostalgic during the day, and may even partake in a little humour on this, but right now, I am getting a whiskey. Mumbai test, Tendulkar's 200th, vs West Indies is one I am going to watch. I am sure the price of the tickets just went through the roof (ah.. the humour is coming back already..).
Is his final test in Mumbai confirmed ?

Might adjust my schedule and fly over during that time to watch.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't say we couldn't anticipate this, but this still ****ing sucks. Been playing international cricket for longer than I've been alive. I didn't witness his best years but from what I saw from 2007 to 2011 made me wish I'd been born a decade earlier. What a man.

Applying for leave during the first test aws. :p

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will make it a point to mention Tendulkar's name in virtually every post till he retires... Just to **** off people who get irritated when his name crops up in every thread :ph34r:

Seriously, even though his form over the last 3 years and his strange behaviour haven't endeared him to anyone, it can't undo 20+ years of magnificent service. If I don't cry right now I surely will when he leaves the field for the final time. It's going to be a surreal experience not seeing his name on an Indian scorecard :(

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is his final test in Mumbai confirmed ?

Might adjust my schedule and fly over during that time to watch.
I don't know. Where else can it be, given that the series is being held only for him in the first place..