Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Sachin Tendulkar to retire

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Those tickets gotta be worth the equivalent of a small country now, surely?
    Haha, I was actually considering buying a few and then scalping them for the reasons SeamUp mentioned but I cbf.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Wonderful player but gone on a bit too long. 200 tests is a huge moment though and doubt that will be done again. Hard to think my favourite knock of his was 17 years ago and he was already a long way into his career then. Thanks for the memories.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Tendulkar to join the Swans as a free agent.
    dermo likes this.

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Tendulkar's retirement has just made India a more dangerous team - truth is he did jack all for the last couple of years blocking the path for talented young batsmen like Rahane, Rohit and Juneja. Interesting times ahead - the curtain is certainly come down on the '281 generation'.
    sambha likes this.
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Tendulkar to join the Swans as a free agent.
    heard GWS convinced him to come out of retirement and be a playing coach like Power, Cornes et al
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    s
    ^real tearjerker from this cock

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    I just hope he gets atleast a hundred in his last series... Doesn't matter if it's West Indies. Doesn't matter if it's a scratchy edgy no cover drive boring one... Just want one more.

Atleast one good thing came out of his not touring SA. He'll end up with a 40+ average against every nation and in every nation. Pretty awesome stat, that is

Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin View Post
    Tendulkar's retirement has just made India a more dangerous team - truth is he did jack all for the last couple of years blocking the path for talented young batsmen like Rahane, Rohit and Juneja. Interesting times ahead - the curtain is certainly come down on the '281 generation'.
    Zidane=overrated
    Proud member of the Indian STFU: Sane Tendulkar Fanboy Union.
    Our motto: Sachin WAG, Don>>>Sachin

Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    How many Cricinfo articles on Sachin following his retirement?

56 - DoG

Sad to see him go now tbh. Had hoped he'd stick it out for a while yet, and maybe come back to England.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Was fortunate to see his first scg innings and his last. Also saw his 200 there.

A great player. I think maybe the greatest I've seen, I dunno. He belongs in the argument anyway. He stood out like dogs balls here as a subcontinental batsman who dealt really well with the conditions. Others have done it well since but he really was the first.

A lot of people won't realise, because of the amount of touring India does now, that we missed lots of his best years here. India toured here in 91-92 iirc then didn't come back until 99-00. First time I really saw him dominate a series was the 98(?) series in India against Australia, which was shown here on pay TV. I remember him standing tall (comparatively) and hitting the quicks off the back foot back down the ground from about waist height. They are probably the best cricket shots I think I've ever seen.

Remarkable player really. Sustained excellence over a couple of decades barring a couple of lean patches. He deserves a long and happy retirement. Well played him.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post

Sad to see him go now tbh. Had hoped he'd stick it out for a while yet, and maybe come back to England.
    Yeah wanted him to play until he was 45 or something ridiculous.

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Sachin Tendulkar Straight Drive Collection - YouTube

Putting this on loop for the next hour or so

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Was fortunate to see his first scg innings and his last. Also saw his 200 there.

A great player. I think maybe the greatest I've seen, I dunno. He belongs in the argument anyway. He stood out like dogs balls here as a subcontinental batsman who dealt really well with the conditions. Others have done it well since but he really was the first..
    First you saw? Because there was another really short guy who opened the batting who did well against the likes of Lillee, Pascoe and Thomson. It's a case of the Apprentice becoming the Master though, as Sachin averaged 53 and Sunil 51.
    Loved the homage you wote just thought I'd slip that proviso in.
    Current Favourite XI 1. Cook 2. Gayle 3. Sangakarra 4. Clarke* 5. Chanderpaul 6. Al Hasan 7. De Kock+ 8.Johnson 9.Harris 10. Herath 11. Steyn

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Well, there we go. Fitting time, he wasn't the same player. Wonder what he'll do with his life now.
    ★★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Well, there we go. Fitting time, he wasn't the same player. Wonder what he'll do with his life now.
    Jump in the comm box with Gavaskar and tell the world how great India is and how everyone else cheats?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by schearzie View Post
    Jump in the comm box with Gavaskar and tell the world how great India is and how everyone else cheats?
    Would love it if he came out post-retirement and just tore shreds off everyone. Dude's been so mild mannered for 20-odd years, he must have a whole bunch of anger stored up somewhere.
    Prince EWS, Jono, morgieb and 6 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Hope they give him the Mike Hussey treatment and he gets fired before he can quit.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information