Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Sachin Tendulkar to retire

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    My original point was just that since these guys played together at some point of time, they will have a connection that Lara, Ponting, Kallis, Dravid don't. And when they see this guy traversing the post-modern game of T20s and the new environment, they will feel somewhere that they are being represented. He is echoing them, he is doing it on their behalf, showing that people from that era would not have been out of place in today's game. He is acting, as I said, not merely as a bridge, but a big-ass toll highway.

the people from the 90s who 'cannot comprehend' how great Tendulkar is
    And I never said this. I said the 90s kids perhaps do not/can not comprehend how unusual his career is. You have such an issue with Tendulkar fan boys, Ikki. I get it. They are irritating. But I am not one of them. Even if I was, you should really not be the one to speak out with that signature of yours.
    Last edited by harsh.ag; 18-11-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    Ikki likes this.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.skm View Post
    My original point was just that since these guys played together at some point of time, they will have a connection that Lara, Ponting, Kallis, Dravid don't. And when they see this guy traversing the post-modern game of T20s and the new environment, they will feel somewhere that they are being represented. He is echoing them, he is doing it on their behalf, showing that people from that era would not have been out of place in today's game. He is acting, as I said, not merely as a bridge, but a big-ass toll highway.

And I never said this. I said the 90s kids perhaps do not/can not comprehend how unusual his career is. You have such an issue with Tendulkar fan boys, Ikki. I get it. They are irritating. But I am not one of them. Even if I was, you should really not be the one to speak out with that signature of yours.
    That's fair enough. Actually, I find that a very good and fitting point to make. Apologies, I took it to mean something totally different.
    harsh.ag likes this.
    ★★★★★

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    That's fair enough. Actually, I find that a very good and fitting point to make. Apologies, I took it to mean something totally different.

Harsh... not many people achieve what you have achieved. You brought an argument with Ikki to a logical conclusion that even Ikki accepts.. You are the SAchin Tendulkar of CW..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Watching his videos from the 90s... All that's left... Kya khela launda......
    indiaholic likes this.

Richard Hinds ‏@rdhinds16 Nov
    “@KathrynWicksSMH: Tendulkar, to wife: You're the best partnership I have had in my life.” Massive snub to Vinod Kambli. Put on 664.

!!!!!!!!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Harsh... not many people achieve what you have achieved. You brought an argument with Ikki to a logical conclusion that even Ikki accepts.. You are the SAchin Tendulkar of CW..
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post

1) No he didn't. His fifty came in the first inning of that Test. It was Azhurradin and Manjrekar that saved that match. Everyone in that top-to-middle order bar Shastri scored more than him in that match. Prabhakar had more to do with saving that match.
    At the risk of restarting the debate I have to point out that this is wrong.
    In the 4th test at Sialkot, Tendulkar came to the crease when India were 38-4 still trailing Pakistan by 40 in the 2nd innings. He and Sidhu saved the game by scoring fifties
    Proud member of the Indian STFU: Sane Tendulkar Fanboy Union.
    Our motto: Sachin WAG, Don>>>Sachin

Folks, a general warning to everyone to keep it civil. Just because you disagree with a poster does not give you license to insult him.

such timely moderator warning
    ankitj, harsh.ag and CricAddict like this.

Tendulkar please come back from retirement.

If this is what you want to do in retirement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0x-...e_gdata_player

i was wondering why somebody wanted to dig this thread up. Let Tendulkar Rest in Peace now

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Who needs this little midget when we've got Virat

If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Filthy as in?

Quote Originally Posted by indiaholic View Post
    Filthy as in?
    Stuff like this

2007 - Dismissed seven times in 90s (93, 94, 99, 99, 99, 99 in ODIs and 91 in a Test) leading to doubts over his temperament.
    indiaholic likes this.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread Information