• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar to retire

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My original point was just that since these guys played together at some point of time, they will have a connection that Lara, Ponting, Kallis, Dravid don't. And when they see this guy traversing the post-modern game of T20s and the new environment, they will feel somewhere that they are being represented. He is echoing them, he is doing it on their behalf, showing that people from that era would not have been out of place in today's game. He is acting, as I said, not merely as a bridge, but a big-ass toll highway.

the people from the 90s who 'cannot comprehend' how great Tendulkar is
And I never said this. I said the 90s kids perhaps do not/can not comprehend how unusual his career is. You have such an issue with Tendulkar fan boys, Ikki. I get it. They are irritating. But I am not one of them. Even if I was, you should really not be the one to speak out with that signature of yours.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
My original point was just that since these guys played together at some point of time, they will have a connection that Lara, Ponting, Kallis, Dravid don't. And when they see this guy traversing the post-modern game of T20s and the new environment, they will feel somewhere that they are being represented. He is echoing them, he is doing it on their behalf, showing that people from that era would not have been out of place in today's game. He is acting, as I said, not merely as a bridge, but a big-ass toll highway.

And I never said this. I said the 90s kids perhaps do not/can not comprehend how unusual his career is. You have such an issue with Tendulkar fan boys, Ikki. I get it. They are irritating. But I am not one of them. Even if I was, you should really not be the one to speak out with that signature of yours.
That's fair enough. Actually, I find that a very good and fitting point to make. Apologies, I took it to mean something totally different.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's fair enough. Actually, I find that a very good and fitting point to make. Apologies, I took it to mean something totally different.

Harsh... not many people achieve what you have achieved. You brought an argument with Ikki to a logical conclusion that even Ikki accepts.. :) You are the SAchin Tendulkar of CW.. :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richard Hinds ‏@rdhinds16 Nov
“@KathrynWicksSMH: Tendulkar, to wife: You're the best partnership I have had in my life.” Massive snub to Vinod Kambli. Put on 664.

:laugh:!!!!!!!!!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1) No he didn't. His fifty came in the first inning of that Test. It was Azhurradin and Manjrekar that saved that match. Everyone in that top-to-middle order bar Shastri scored more than him in that match. Prabhakar had more to do with saving that match.
At the risk of restarting the debate I have to point out that this is wrong.
In the 4th test at Sialkot, Tendulkar came to the crease when India were 38-4 still trailing Pakistan by 40 in the 2nd innings. He and Sidhu saved the game by scoring fifties

Fusion

Global Moderator
Folks, a general warning to everyone to keep it civil. Just because you disagree with a poster does not give you license to insult him.

indiaholic

International Captain
But then that view point is because I expected something entirely different from the videos. I expected a dissection and I ended up watching a celebration of the players.. Which is fine but..