• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar to retire

Fusion

Global Moderator
I for one want him to make a hundred. Dunno why anyone would get any pleasure out of seeing a great batsman go out on a failure
Couldn't agree more. One of my saddest cricket watching memories is that of Inzi getting out for an inglorious 3 runs in his last Test innings.

Here's hoping Tendulkar goes out with style and scores one last hundred.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds like a line out of an episode of Full House.

I for one want him to make a hundred. Dunno why anyone would get any pleasure out of seeing a great batsman go out on a failure
The ideal scenario would be for him to go out making a ton, but Foxtel crashing so Jono can't see it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Would love for Tendulkar to end with a hundred, but if not at least a 70-80 knock. Nothing would give me more pleasure just as its hitting me now that this is quite possibly the last time Tendulkar will bat.

centurymaker

International Captain
This is definitely the last time he's batting since WI are far behind in the game and he has already retired from IPL, domestic cricket, etc.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Event1 vs Event2 - Priority
------ -- ------ --------
Study vs Cricket - Cricket
Food vs Cricket - Cricket
Play time vs Cricket - Cricket
Family event vs Cricket - Cricket
Festivals vs Cricket - Cricket
Gf vs Cricket - Cricket
Sleep vs Cricket - Cricket
Exam vs Cricket - Cricket
Uni assignments vs Cricket - Cricket
Training vs Cricket - Cricket
Project deadline vs Cricket - Cricket
Office vs Cricket - Cricket

And the main reason for it is Sachin Tendulkar. I will miss you :(

smash84

The Tiger King
Wow, I can't believe it has been so long since the time that I first saw Tendulkar in Pakistan way back in 1989. Imran was towards the end of his career but still had around 2 - 2.5 years left. Malcolm Marshall and Richard Hadlee were still playing too and so was Viv Richards. So much water has flowed under the bridge. So many of my favorite cricketers have come and gone between 1989 and 2013. I feel sad to see Tendulkar go because in a way he has been a bridge between those awesome cricket days in the late 80s all the way to 2013. A full 24 years. Almost one quarter of a century. Probably saw Tendy bat for the last time :(. Wish you all the best for your future endeavors Sachin. Time to move on towards other goals.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What if you were training for cricket?
Yes, most probably. Unless it was an important training and a meaningless match happening. Though being emotive, to say the truth, my interest has waned slightly and I have missed watching few Sachin innings live in the last 2-3 years.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have not been active at all on CW since I came back to India at the end of September.. Been mostly checking out the posts off mobile and juz typing out one liners now and then.. But wanted to post a big one today...

What a Man!! What a Player!!! Absolute Gem.. And a real pride for the country.. His speech at the end of the play showed what the man was all about. Such humility and grace even under such extreme idol worship, hype and hyperboles... He has shown us what cricket is, what greatness is but most important of all, what humility and grace is... He has been the most important cricketer along with Shane Warne but unlike Warne, he has shown very few mess ups even under though he has basically lived out his life under constant media glare. I still think Lara is a better test batsman, but boy, I did not feel this sad even when he retired. The speech had me, among millions of others, welling up. It is a tribute to the man and his family's upbringing of him that he did not forget a single detail at his farewell speech. The fact that he still regards himself and his team mates as servants of the game and the country shows what a wonderful approach he has had to cricket and to life itself. I wish every single cricketer aspires to emulate him as a person and as a media personality because reprising him as a cricketer may just be too much of an ask.

As a cricketer, he is easily the best RH batsman I have seen.. A very close second to BCL as a test batsman and easily the best ODI batman I have seen. Add his useful bowling and mostly safe fielding, he is as good a package as a cricketer as you can get. I know we have had Dravid and Gavaskar but I think Sachin at the crease, has given me more assurance and peace of mind of playing out any kind of bowling on any kind of wicket than even those two. Such wonderful technique, such grace in his strokeplay, such poise in terms of temperament... He meant everything that was right and great about cricket. And the game itself will never be the same and the poorer for him leaving it. As his wife said, one can imagine cricket without Sachin but it will just be missing in that much of grace and dignity with him not being around.

I salute one of the greatest sons of India. Long live the Master!!! Love you, Sachin!!!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
ANI ‏@ANI_news 5m

Bharat Ratna (Highest Civilian Honour) to be conferred to Sachin Tendulkar.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Event1 vs Event2 - Priority
------ -- ------ --------
Study vs Cricket - Cricket
Food vs Cricket - Cricket
Play time vs Cricket - Cricket
Family event vs Cricket - Cricket
Festivals vs Cricket - Cricket
Gf vs Cricket - Cricket
Sleep vs Cricket - Cricket
Exam vs Cricket - Cricket
Uni assignments vs Cricket - Cricket
Training vs Cricket - Cricket
Project deadline vs Cricket - Cricket
Office vs Cricket - Cricket

And the main reason for it is Sachin Tendulkar. I will miss you :(
What's Play time? :detective

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where does Tendulkar sit in India's most significant people of all time?

1. Ghandi
2. Tendulkar?

Interesting discussion.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Just now finally caught the highlights of the game and Tendulkar's last moments. Such emotional moments. Gutted that I didn't watch it live.