• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar to retire

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I imagine now what it must be like for the youngsters to have played with him in the last few years. How helpful is the presence of Sachin in the dressing room? How much has he helped Dhoni and Kohli develop, not to mention the others? Probably a large amount. It seems reasonable to think having him in the dressing room makes everyone conduct themselves with a little more dignity and integrity than they would have otherwise. Perhaps I am slightly delusional. The only person we can compare him to in this respect is Jacques Kallis. He must have a similar effect, though to a lesser degree, I suspect, primarily because of the slightly different position and awe Sachin holds in the eyes of the Indian cricketers who have grown up loving him so much.

I never thought I would say this, but I wish he could stay in the dressing room. It might become a lesser place, not in terms of batting prowess (since he is not great anymore), but in terms of how it conducts itself. I so hope it doesn't. Actually, I really hope his final legacy is that the dressing room occupants continue to follow his example for a long time, and they always remember what an honour it is to be in that dressing room, where Sachin had once taken guard with so much character...

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be weird to have a middle aged bloke who doesn't play cricket hanging around in the dressing rooms itbt.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be weird to have a middle aged bloke who doesn't play cricket hanging around in the dressing rooms itbt.
Happen Mrs Tendulkar comes from the Mrs Fertang school of wives - given the choice between going home to her or spending hours on end in the Indian dressing room I know which I'd choose

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man, I am ****ting myself, so nervous for Tendulkar today. Really want him to do well. Despite what haters say, this is the kind of impact he has had on so many Indian cricket fans (and fans in general, for the most part). He truly has been a massive part of many Indian's lives, as silly as that sounds. Particularly I reckon if you are between 20-35 and he's been there for the majority of your time watching cricket.

benchmark00

Sounds like a line out of an episode of Full House.

I for one want him to make a hundred. Dunno why anyone would get any pleasure out of seeing a great batsman go out on a failure

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Cannot wait for the game to start. Was just watching the highlights of the first test in the tour of Australia. He was so good for those 73 runs. After that I do not recall him being as fluent again. Just wonder how much better off it would have been if he had gotten the 100th 100 against Pakistan in the WC. Feels like so much good form got wasted on that stupid statistic.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Cannot wait for the game to start. Was just watching the highlights of the first test in the tour of Australia. He was so good for those 73 runs. After that I do not recall him being as fluent again. Just wonder how much better off it would have been if he had gotten the 100th 100 against Pakistan in the WC. Feels like so much good form got wasted on that stupid statistic.
No kidding I watched that same clip just yesterday, he looked so at home in those conditions, I've said this a few times in the past but I think he always preferred true wickets with bounce rather than the Indian pitches that we had for Aus/Eng, because for all the talk of his failures in the tours of ENG/AUS he still averaged mid 30's compared to the horrible home season he's had since NZ toured us.

OverratedSanity

Cannot wait for the game to start. Was just watching the highlights of the first test in the tour of Australia. He was so good for those 73 runs. After that I do not recall him being as fluent again.
That innings was absolutely glorious. Was really pleased when I recently heard Tendulkar say it's one if his favorite innings simply fir the pleasure he got from some of the shots in that knock

OverratedSanity

I was there. Siddle is and will forever be a **** for bowling him in that last over.
I raged so hard. He was really sever on some tripe bowling at Sydney too... Bowlers kept feeding his cut shot and he scored a damn good 80. After that, it's been a constant downward spiral :(

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I nearly got on Sachin to be India's highest scorer in the first innings, $6.50 seemed juicy. It's been quite a while since a Sachin Test ton so yeah it would be tremendous to see really, the crowd would go berserk. It will go berserk when he walks out to bat anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I raged so hard. He was really sever on some tripe bowling at Sydney too... Bowlers kept feeding his cut shot and he scored a damn good 80. After that, it's been a constant downward spiral :(
I was there too! With that **** Burgey nonetheless.