• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee is Rubish!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or Agarkar, or Kartik.
Far too much verbage here on the 150 kph stuff - that had sod-all to do with anything. If he'd been bowling 150 kph Long-Hops he'd have been hammered just like he was in the 10-83-1 game.
The significant thing is that he swung the ball, the edges were taken (and caught) and the line and length was consistent throughout 10 overs.
We shall have to wait until it happens again before declaring "he's back" but without question this was a better spell than anything so far in the VB Series.
The fact that it was The WACA may have had a very small influece, and I certainly think it was a terrible decision by Ganguly to bat first, but the main thing was the ball swung and the accuracy was there.
Short may it continue.:!(

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
We shall have to wait until it happens again before declaring "he's back" but without question this was a better spell than anything so far in the VB Series.
I don't think he's back, mainly because I didn't think he was gone after that 1 poor match.

I am however mildly peeved at myself for taking Mr Lee out of my fantasy team and replacing him with Mr Nel (6-0-60-0) :(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
I don't think he's back, mainly because I didn't think he was gone after that 1 poor match.

I am however mildly peeved at myself for taking Mr Lee out of my fantasy team and replacing him with Mr Nel (6-0-60-0) :(
I certainly think Lee isn't anywhere near as good as he was when he started his career. Things just get worse and worse for him, and he hasn't really been in amazing form this series. The WACA is a totally different type of pitch to any pitch anywhere else in the world, and really favours fast bowlers. So let's wait and see what happens when he bowls on a pitch that doesn't help him so much.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
On another note, I don't think Michael Clarke's going to get his Test debut in a hurry if he keeps this form up. After getting out for 2 against India, it brought his series record up to:

8 matches, 8 innings, 215 runs @ 26.87, S/R 88.09
30 overs, 0 maidens, 168 runs, 3 wickets @ 56.00, BB 1-14, S/R 60.0, Econ 5.60

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:

ouch :(

marcs right here - i mean in his last 10 ODI's his 2nd worst figures are 0/36, after that its 9 overs 0/24... hes averages 23, 2 higher than hiscareer average, but still good

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I think it's called the "Balaji effect" :lol:
And this tournament has shown Balaji to be, while not by any streatch of the imagination an outstanding bowler, at least better than some gave him credit for before this tour started.

bretts no 1 fan

Cricket Spectator
hey neil pickup this is for u
i think i am not over infatuated with him.if to write with the capslock on is consedered rude by u then talking aginst him is not a good thing too.u should think bout his fans just think that what will they think bout it.and u know what i think it was too early to say somrthing aginst him coz now u see he is back to his best.

AND THIS IS FOR EVERYBODY WHO TALKED AGAINST HIM
whateva u said bout him do''rethink bout it once more plzzz''

BRETT'S THE BEST CRICKETER ALIVEAND ONE DAY EVRYONE WILL SAY THAT.AND I MEAN IT.
thats all i have to say.
see ya

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bretts no 1 fan said:
i think i am not over infatuated with him.if to write with the capslock on is consedered rude by u then talking aginst him is not a good thing too.
No, because excessive CAPS is bad netiquette, but insulting Lee isn't.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
bretts no 1 fan said:
hey neil pickup this is for u
i think i am not over infatuated with him.if to write with the capslock on is consedered rude by u then talking aginst him is not a good thing too.u should think bout his fans just think that what will they think bout it.and u know what i think it was too early to say somrthing aginst him coz now u see he is back to his best.

AND THIS IS FOR EVERYBODY WHO TALKED AGAINST HIM
whateva u said bout him do''rethink bout it once more plzzz''

BRETT'S THE BEST CRICKETER ALIVEAND ONE DAY EVRYONE WILL SAY THAT.AND I MEAN IT.
thats all i have to say.
see ya
OK, if we were to ban criticising players = no discussion forum.

All Caps is considered shouting and not acceptable (see the Forum Rules), and criticism and discussion about players is, well, what the boards are for. If you cannot accept diversity of opinion then it isn't our fault.

Lee's Test average since 2001 speaks for itself as far as I'm concerned. I'd pick him in any ODI side of mine, but don't you think that your attraction to him might be slightly clouding your view?