• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Channel 9 finally bow to benchmark00 pressure

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What if there's no DRS, but hotspot shows an edge, snicko doesn't, and renowned Australian batting allrounder Peter Siddle walks off after his 145 not out to win the game and says at the press conference "I cut that **** in half. Stupid Poms"?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What if there's no DRS, but hotspot shows an edge, snicko doesn't, and renowned Australian batting allrounder Peter Siddle walks off after his 145 not out to win the game and says at the press conference "I cut that **** in half. Stupid Poms"?
Batting at 8 no doubt, too.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just when you think they've got it right.

The Ashes 2013-14 : Snicko is Hot Spot's insurance policy | Cricket News | England in Australia - The Ashes | ESPN Cricinfo

The new technology, which provides split screen video synced with stump microphone audio to provide evidence for edges, is only to be used in the event of Hot Spot not revealing a nick, as happened on numerous occasions during the earlier series in England.
Unless it's a time issue, it seems bizarre that they're not going to be using it all the time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ASIC are stepping in to deregister benchmark00 pty ltd immediately upon the company releasing false claims.

Stapel

International Regular
But that will just prove my point that hotspot gives false positives boi. Never seen a snick that snicko hasn't picked up.
Those are different things. I've seen snicko picking something up, while the ball was nowhere near the bat. Any technical system will give the occasional false positive. Yet I can't see any technical system generate more false positives than the naked eye of an umpire.

Anyway, got any (youtube) links to show false hotspot positives? I seriously don't recall them.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. You have never seen snicko pick up something when the ball is away from the bat at the same time the ball has passed the bat.
2. The line snicko display for an edge is vastly different to any other noise.
3. No I don't. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't watch the majority of days of test cricket (nor do I) played around the world though so I'm not sure the fact that you not recalling any means much.

Stapel

International Regular
1. You have never seen snicko pick up something when the ball is away from the bat at the same time the ball has passed the bat.
2. The line snicko display for an edge is vastly different to any other noise.
3. No I don't. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't watch the majority of days of test cricket (nor do I) played around the world though so I'm not sure the fact that you not recalling any means much.
Well....... I guess I will simply conclude you are all making this up then.