• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pom's whinging about Itinerary.

brockley

International Captain
They reckon a weakened WA side and a 2nd xl NSW will be crap,maybe they are right.Sure the boys will have a go.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Screw them. We're less likely to win the Ashes back if we give them good warm up games.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I blame the warm ups for their 2-1 win in India. 3 ****ing warm ups where they were kept in check by completely mediocre sides like Mumbai A, meant they knew what they had to work on before the Tests started.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I blame the warm ups for their 2-1 win in India. 3 ****ing warm ups where they were kept in check by completely mediocre sides like Mumbai A, meant they knew what they had to work on before the Tests started.
honestly, it's ridiculous that touring nations like England invariably demand better warmups than the host nations themselves. They don't arrive by boat anymore. Half their players play in domestic teams around the world.

The sport is professional. Crazy long schedules that include more than one warmup match are just unsustainable.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
England get to play a full 4 day game against Aus 'A' in Hobart before the series though don't they? Sounds good enough to me

Furball

Evil Scotsman
honestly, it's ridiculous that touring nations like England invariably demand better warmups than the host nations themselves. They don't arrive by boat anymore. Half their players play in domestic teams around the world.

The sport is professional. Crazy long schedules that include more than one warmup match are just unsustainable.
It can't be a coincidence that England insist on proper warm up matches and are also one of the only teams that actually win away Test matches of any note.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I'll have another crack. But I should warn you I quit drinking so you won't be sucking me into anything so stupid this time mate!!!

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Playing crap sides for warmups isn't necessarily the worse. Allows players to actually get some confidence and, in the case of batsmen, some valuable time in the middle.

Case in point, the BCCI trying to prevent England getting high quality warm ups last November.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh sorry forgot the A game,the Guardian and OT have panned the 2 games apart from the A game,think they are 3 day games.