• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interesting LBW's and Edges That Shouldn't Have or Should Have Been Out

Haddin or Prior

• Brad Haddin

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Matt Prior

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

tshep

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys.

I wanna see if you guys have some really bad LBW or edging decisions that shouldn't have or should've been out. I know in the book 'Finding Seams On Apples' when i read it it said something in the topic 'Weirdest dismissals in Cricket' about an LBW that meant a guy having a bruise on his ribs. I also remember in the Ashes Usman Khawaja was out, reviewed and clearly had not got bat on ball but still walked away out for some single digit number. Please do not say that KP was not out in the Ashes because there was evidence of contact from his.

Anyway enough of me talking, lets hear your replies (I'll accept run outs too)

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
Are you serious? There are occasions every match where this happened.

If you are serious this is the start of a huge list:
  • Harbhajan SIngh given LBW in Stuart Broad's Test hatrick in 2011 despite getting a huge inside edge.
  • Adam Gilchrist given LBW in Harbhajan Singh's Test hatrick in 2001 despite getting a huge inside edge.
  • Sachin Tendulkar given LBW after crouching and hit on the shoulder by a short ball that stayed low but was obviously going over the stumps.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The most important thing to come out of this is that there are actually non members who have bought the book.

benchmark00

Hey guys.

I wanna see if you guys have some really bad LBW or edging decisions that shouldn't have or should've been out. I know in the book 'Finding Seams On Apples' when i read it it said something in the topic 'Weirdest dismissals in Cricket' about an LBW that meant a guy having a bruise on his ribs. I also remember in the Ashes Usman Khawaja was out, reviewed and clearly had not got bat on ball but still walked away out for some single digit number. Please do not say that KP was not out in the Ashes because there was evidence of contact from his.

Anyway enough of me talking, lets hear your replies (I'll accept run outs too)
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Burgey

Simon Jones lbw Lee, second dig, second Ashes test 2005. Hit on the back shin on the full in front of middle. Bizarre decision.