• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20/20

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Why don't they have more 20-20 matches?? Test cricket is sooo boring. 20-20 is the real display of skill

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
left myself logged in and my brother (who doesn't follow cricket) grabbed my laptop, anyway, discuss...

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Oddly enough I fix locomotives for a living...
I don't want 20/20 to get even more serious, I know that's what I enjoyed in the first place was watching guys like Gilly or Haydos walk out and just try and belt it as far as they could. Punter hit that awesome innings early on there but it was still fun. I still think Afridi and Gayle are as exciting as most in the game when it comes to this format.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder what it will be like 10 or 20 years from now.

I doubt ODIs will exist. Probably going to be mostly 20/20 internationals and Leagues all around the world with occasional Tests like the Ashes.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can anyone think of a sport which was great back in the day (with a classy format like Tests) before commercialization took it down into leagues with short attention spans and more money? I can't seem to think of any.

stumpski

International Captain
People go on about Twenty20 and Tests as if they're the only forms of cricket still in existence; I'm pretty sure that there will still be county matches for me to go to in 10 or 20 years, as well as local games. If not I will shut myself away with my set of Wisden and some fortifying licquor.

In international terms, I suspect that #8 isn't far off the mark though.

JBMAC

State Captain
What is a thread about 20/20 doing in a Cricket Forum? OH...I get it ....the thread starter is under the sad allusion 20/20 is cricket:laugh:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have used this tactic numerous times to start conversations on msn with chix

That and the "oops, wrong convo" trick. Good times.

RIP MSN.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
What is a thread about 20/20 doing in a Cricket Forum? OH...I get it ....the thread starter is under the sad allusion 20/20 is cricket:laugh:
I'll have to assume you didn't read the post under the OP then...

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I wonder what it will be like 10 or 20 years from now.

I doubt ODIs will exist. Probably going to be mostly 20/20 internationals and Leagues all around the world with occasional Tests like the Ashes.
In 20 years the only tests that will take place is the ashes and whoever the BCCI decide to play.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
ODI's will still exist in 10 years time. As will Test matches. Twenty20 cricket will become very boring very quickly if they play it to death, and the ICC know it.