• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English off-season 13/14

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I still maintain players should troll the system and flip their eligibility every six months if they're not in line for an immediate national call-up :p

Woodster

International Captain
Will Hastings bat 7 for Durham,he did in Vics last game,i gather he will fill in for stokes,but 7 or 8?
I guess it depends how Durham go before Hastings arrives, whether Stokes has recovered from his latest injury sufficiently to be back with England, whether Collingwood accepts a potential coaching role with England, Have the likes of Collingwood, Mustard, and Richardson batting around 6,7,and 8, which isn't bad.

brockley

International Captain
Richardson would be upper order surely at 4 and Collingwood 5,don't think Collingwood involved in T20 world cup or one dayers vs Sri Lanka,he is free to play for Durham.His coaching role at Scotland been absolved.Mustard would be 6 or 7.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Assuming he doesn't retain his spot in the Test side Durham's spinner will bat three, so unless Hastings starts scoring a lot more runs than Mustard he won't be batting higher than eight.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hastings will not bat at 7. Wouldn't even be surprised if he ends up at 9 behind Wood.

brockley

International Captain
Durham did say they wanted an allrounder,but they signed a bowler who can bat,doubt he would bat at 9,much better bat and more experienced.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He might bat seven if Borthwick and Stokes are both on Test duty. Won't otherwise, and if he does he won't score any runs there tbh.

Woodster

International Captain
Durham did say they wanted an allrounder,but they signed a bowler who can bat,doubt he would bat at 9,much better bat and more experienced.
Jon Lewis said in the interview I read they were after a bowler primarily but one that could hold his own and get some runs in the lower order, rather than the conventional all-rounder.

As for Collingwood, any coaching role he may have with England will depend if Ashley Giles gets the job. If he does there's a chance Colly could be his assistant and thus a decision will have to be made as to whether he continues on playing at Durham or takes up a coaching spot.

Woodster

International Captain
Colly said he will be avaiable for all Durham season at this stage.Don't think he will bowl much.
Collingwood is on a short-term arrangement with England right now, this could all change if Giles lands the main coaching role. Colly said he "would find it hard not to see out his contract with Durham but it's impossibly to say which would be the right way to go". He doesn't want to leave Durham in the lurch especially as their playing staff is pretty thin on the ground in terms of numbers, and of course he has no guarantee of a coaching job with England just yet. If the offer comes it will be a very difficult decision for him.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Somerset 119 all out on the first day of their pre season yesterday against worcestershire. Excellent

Finn having a bowl today for Middlesex.

Most teams now just gearing up for the start of the season.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
As for Collingwood, any coaching role he may have with England will depend if Ashley Giles gets the job. If he does there's a chance Colly could be his assistant and thus a decision will have to be made as to whether he continues on playing at Durham or takes up a coaching spot.
I thought Colly has said he wouldn't consider a full time England position until after this season? He is obligated to Durham for 2014 and there is no circumstances in which he'd consider leaving them in the **** before that time.

Edit: Posted before I read your second comment Woodster.

The quote you made from Collingwood doesn't sound as adamant as the interview I saw.........maybe it won't be as cut and dry if the opportunity does come up?

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yorkshire's AGM today, I remember when that often made national news for the mass in-fighting and revolts. Those were the days.