• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

People You Knew And Ended Up Being Really Good Players

tshep

Cricket Spectator
Is there anyone you knew (personally) who ended up playing first class cricket, or big bash, or even test cricket/one dayers/ twenty20.

Or did you know a friend that had a connection with players.

Just wanting to see if there are people :ph34r: out their who wanna share

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
John Dyson attended my high school (many, many years before me, obviously).

Stuart Clark has been spotted at our cricket club's in2cricket program; I've coached his son through it. Apparently Steven Smith's sister's child also attends, but, disappointingly, as yet there has been no sighting of the People's Champ.

My girlfriend's best friend's cousin is currently playing First Grade and on the fringes of NSW selection. Went on tour to SL with Steve O'Keefe for a Cricket NSW spin program.

A guy in my park team played First Grade and NSW U/17s when he was younger. Opened the bowling and pushed Wayne Holdsworth into the wind; he was quick. Maintains the most pointless thing he has ever done was to bowl at Stuart Law.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i once said hi to somebody in a blue car, and he turned out to captain australia and be unable to bat in the number 4 position

Burgey

John Dyson attended my high school (many, many years before me, obviously).

Stuart Clark has been spotted at our cricket club's in2cricket program; I've coached his son through it. Apparently Steven Smith's sister's child also attends, but, disappointingly, as yet there has been no sighting of the People's Champ.

My girlfriend's best friend's cousin is currently playing First Grade and on the fringes of NSW selection. Went on tour to SL with Steve O'Keefe for a Cricket NSW spin program.

A guy in my park team played First Grade and NSW U/17s when he was younger. Opened the bowling and pushed Wayne Holdsworth into the wind; he was quick. Maintains the most pointless thing he has ever done was to bowl at Stuart Law.
Who is dat man?

Vic Trumper

Cricket Spectator
My coach as a kid turned out to be Greg Dyer. No idea what he was doing with the nerve of showing his face in this country.

glp

Cricket Spectator
Mike osborne. Ex mcc coach and combined xi player. Also my grandad played and wad great friends with the trevor bailey rip

TheJediBrah

I've played with and against a lot of domestic and international players in junior and club cricket.

A few of the guys I remember most are Daryl Brown, a big west-indian fast bowler who played a few internationals. He didn't even try and is still one of the quickest bowlers I've faced. When I was a kid (like 14-15) I would play a Sunday comp in Melbourne that was mostly overseas Sri Lankans & Indians and most of them played first-class cricket somewhere, that was a really fun experience.

Fawad Ahmed I've played against and with in club/melb uni cricket. Not really friends with any of them, but I was in the same age group as Michael Hill (Victorian left-handed batsman) growing up and he was crazy good as a junior. One state carnival, I think it was under 15s we played 5 one-day games in 5 days and he made 4 hundreds. Everyone thought he'd be playing for Australia by the time he was 20, and he's done alright so far. He was one of those kids though that was fully-grown at 14 years old and a foot taller than everyone else.