• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

People You Knew And Ended Up Being Really Good Players

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
I played 1st XI cricket with Michael Barry who everyone thought would go on to play FC cricket. He played a few games for Auckand last season.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should be careful, otherwise Smali might have his toddler tantrums.
Have to confess it wasn't the same Imran Khan as in Smali's avatar, nor was his brother Majid Khan the guy who played Test cricket, but he was a laugh - his name was actually Majeed, but for obvious reasons he didn't spell it like that for cricket, but he used to get so pissed off when you wrote Majeed in the scorebook that everyone did, then when it was his turn to take the book he'd chunter away and go and change it - silly ****er - he was a **** cricketer too,nearly as bad as me - at least Imran, who didn't mind being called Immy, was a decent cricketer (though not as good as he thought he was)

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I was in the same grade 5/6 class as Tasmanian representative Sam Rainbird. Was never really close friends with him but our respective friendship groups played soccer at lunch time a few times.

I've also seen most of the Tasmanian team around Hobart at one time or another (many at my local Woolworths), doesn't really constitute 'knowing' them though!

Himannv

International Coach
I've known Jeevan Mendis for quite a while. Went to school with him, played cricket with him and had a few drinks with him as well. I wouldn't say he has performed well enough to be considered a "really good player" unfortunately.

salman85

International Debutant
Aizaz Cheema.

Used to play street cricket with him back in the day.

Wouldn't call him even remotely close to being a "really good player|, but he played Test Cricket.