• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DRAFT Thread October 2013 - Tonight!

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought maybe I should try my hand at conducting a draft, as I enjoy participating in them. This is my first time, and I hope it will be worth it. Here are the rules:

- Firstly, four players must be chosen who each satisfy one of four clauses that I will be providing as the first four rounds begin. (Should I give the clauses now, or wait for the rounds to start, as I though earlier?)

- Then, four players must be chosen from mystery boxes, which I will device.

- The last three players will be left to choice.

I am looking for 5 participants only. Randomized order after every two rounds, as usual. Each person will have seven minutes to make his selection. The draft, like the one conducted by Monk, will aspire to be a very quick one. So, the people who are interested must have some free time. I personally would like to conduct it tonight at 11 pm Indian Standard Time (GMT+5.30, right now it is 4 pm here), but am open to suggestions from participants.

Hope enough people are interested. Do join :) And I hope you enjoy it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I probably would have joined if it was now or within the next few minutes, but definitely can't make it at 4:30am.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
yeah we'll see how it goes for that then. I'll check in then

EDIT promise not to pick my avatar this time (as I did in Monk's draft)

harsh.ag

Let me try to make it more interesting. The first clause is:

- A player who took more than 30% of his test wickets from the tail (8-11) as a fast bowler, and between 32.6-37% as a spinner.

harsh.ag

Well, not enough people interested means I have to postpone this draft. Hope a few come by tomorrow.

harsh.ag

These are the first two clauses of the draft:

1) A player who took more than 30% of his test wickets from the tail (8-11) as a pace bowler, and between 32.6-37% as a spinner

2) A player who was the right-handed partner in a left-right opening partnership (Qualification - The pair must have scored at least 1500 runs as an opening partnership)

:)

harsh.ag

Scrapping this as nobody cares. If people want to participate, please do so asap. To reiterate, seven minutes for a selection. First 4 players to be selected from clauses, two of which are - A player who took more than 30% of his test wickets from the tail (8-11) as a fast bowler, and between 32.6-37% as a spinner & A player who was the right-handed partner in a left-right opening partnership (Qualification - The pair must have scored at least 1500 runs as an opening partnership). Next 4 players to come from mystery boxes I have designed. The last 3 players to be chosen at will. Don Bradman is off limits. And the draft will be a quick one. Join up if you so desire.