• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4-balls no-run out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
According to Burgey,

There are apparently now rules in indoor cricket that if you play out three balls in a row without scoring you have to run on the fourth ball. I hadn't played for years and filed in for a game last year with some of the younger blokes in our club.

It is very interesting. If a Batsman scores 0 after 4 balls, that Batsman is out. This rule would make the game faster and more spectacular.
And I think that an out should mean the end of that over. So 1 over can end by 4 balls.

In the Limited-Over games, 1 over should be 6 balls. In Tests, 1 over should be 8 balls.

I hope that this rule will be adopted as a Law of all-types of Cricket.:cool:

=addition=

From my first post, there was an unclear point.
This "4-ball out" rule must be applied to only the first 4 balls of an over. So, if a Batsman scores in the 1st ball of an over, there will be no out if that Batsman scores no run from 2nd to 5th balls.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It is very interesting. If a Batsman scores 0 after 4 balls, that Batsman is out. This rule would make the game faster and more spectacular.
And I think that an out should mean the end of that over. So 1 over can end by 4 balls.
Lokomotiv, would you like to see this rule adopted in Test Cricket too?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What would be more exciting is if the ball were covered in blades. And the bat was a blade and fielders had to catch the spinning blades. And the stumps were blades and if the batsman didn't score after 1 ball then he would be decapitated by blades.

Spinning, whirling, beautiful blades.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
If these rules were adopted then they would reduce the amount of posts Lokomotiv would have to make, so I'm all for it

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yes. Why not?
That rule would reduce the number of draws and declarations significantly.
I was going to respond with "This is the most embarrassing rule suggestion I have ever heard concerning any sport. Frankly you need a hard look at yourself if you think it would be a decent suggestion for Test Cricket. In response to your previous response I don't just think you're an idiot, I know you are because your 'ideas' are ****ing terrible and laughable". but I'll just respond with

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
sad to see you guys still haven't picked up on ironic liking. Distinct shortage of hipsters round here.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
10am BST Hello everyone and welcome along to live coverage of the final Test of the summer, the fifth Investec Ashes Test from The Oval. It's a glorious day in SE11 and the forecast is set fair for the week so we're set for a stunning end to the summer weatherwise and hopefully we get some cricket to match.
Anderson to Rogers, no run, full just outside off stump, played forward and pushed up the wicket
Anderson to Rogers, no run, much wider of off stump, too wide to induce a stroke
Anderson to Rogers, no run, wide again and, concerningly, it carries through at about ankle height
Anderson to Rogers, no run, this is better carry as Rogers leaves again outside off stump and he's out what a spectacular wicket from Anderson

Z

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
BTW, is a lokomotiv thread based on something Burgey said possibly the worst basis for a CW thread?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
When "Finding Seams on Apples- 2" is printed, these threads will be publishing gold.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
hey lokomotiv long time reader first time poster

do you think if buddy plays 4 years at sydney and doesn't score a run in sydney grade cricket he should be out?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hi Loko.

Is this like in baseball how I've heard about intentional 'four balls'? Do you have any proof of such an event existing or is it just hypothetical? A video would be great if you know of one (don't worry if one doesn't exist).

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
10am BST Hello everyone and welcome along to live coverage of the final Test of the summer, the fifth Investec Ashes Test from The Oval. It's a glorious day in SE11 and the forecast is set fair for the week so we're set for a stunning end to the summer weatherwise and hopefully we get some cricket to match.
Anderson to Rogers, no run, full just outside off stump, played forward and pushed up the wicket
Anderson to Rogers, no run, much wider of off stump, too wide to induce a stroke
Anderson to Rogers, no run, wide again and, concerningly, it carries through at about ankle height
Anderson to Rogers, no run, this is better carry as Rogers leaves again outside off stump and he's out what a spectacular wicket from Anderson

Z
Lets hope Loko never meets the BCCI, otherwise we could see the death of Test cricket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.