• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are you (like James Ormond) the best cricketer in your family?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, I am the best bat, yes, but my first cousin was a strike bowler for the city team while in school.

Chubb

International Regular
Nope.

In fact I am probably the worst. My uncle played for Essex IIs and England U19s, holds numerous Essex League records and is probably the greatest player in his club's history. My granddad took more wickets for the same club than anyone else, including playing into his 70s. My great-granddad was a very fine Essex League bowler. My young cousin has scored a hundred for his school, which is something I have never done. Then you have all the extended family, most of whom were Essex Prem players. Then you have me.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
My cousin was way better than me but he quit in year 12 to get high instead. Victory by default, the sweetest kind.

insert homerdefaultchant.flv here

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Best in my family and I think that makes things easier. My friend growing up was not so lucky. His uncle was a first class cricketer for Wellington and he grew up with the expectations that he too would carry on the family tradition. Instead he spent his time listening to heavy metal music and generally making a point of not doing what was expected of him just so he could have his own life.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nope.

In fact I am probably the worst. My uncle played for Essex IIs and England U19s, holds numerous Essex League records and is probably the greatest player in his club's history. My granddad took more wickets for the same club than anyone else, including playing into his 70s. My great-granddad was a very fine Essex League bowler. My young cousin has scored a hundred for his school, which is something I have never done. Then you have all the extended family, most of whom were Essex Prem players. Then you have me.
Which club?

Anyway, definitely not. My dad was better than me and his brother was even better again.

EDIT: I'm a darn sight better than my brother though who bowls like a windmill.