• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the plus side, former South Australian off-spinner Nath Lyon took poles. Graciously support our own no matter which bunch of ****-eating ****s they play for I say.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
So what are everyone's thoughts on the month-long format of the Ryobi Cup now that it's nearing the end?

I don't have an issue with the format itself or even having all the games in one city; in fact it's been a nice intro to the summer of cricket. The only question mark I have over it is whether any of the players who have performed will get a look in for the ODI's in January [3 months away]. For mine, it's also confirmed what everyone knew about the batting, i.e. that there is a certain group of batsmen who aren't quite consistent enough for internationals/tests but are a class above the rest in domestic cricket.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Been enjoyable for sure. But, I always enjoy domestic stuff, except for that dire season when the split innings happened. *vomits*.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
My only issue has been the midweek games during the day. If you want spectators and patents bringing kids then you need Sat and Sun games. Midweek games should be night games.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what are everyone's thoughts on the month-long format of the Ryobi Cup now that it's nearing the end?

I don't have an issue with the format itself or even having all the games in one city; in fact it's been a nice intro to the summer of cricket. The only question mark I have over it is whether any of the players who have performed will get a look in for the ODI's in January [3 months away]. For mine, it's also confirmed what everyone knew about the batting, i.e. that there is a certain group of batsmen who aren't quite consistent enough for internationals/tests but are a class above the rest in domestic cricket.
I have actually been pleasantly surprised at how much talent is about (e.g. Peirson from Qld looks the goods as a wk/batsman) and am a bit more optimistic about the future than before

Wont help us in the Ashes but a couple of years down the track and we should be fine

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

At least the 'almost theres' are scoring runs, I guess.

Be interesting to see how Abbott goes in the Shield, if he does play.