• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Try and hit every ball for four and take no risks.
Yeah cos that's what I said.

Limit the risks is what I meant, if he gets caught on the boundary tyring to hit sixes it would be stupid, but as of now I'd say he should get a free license, Hopes as ready to take over as he will ever be now

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah cos that's what I said.

Limit the risks is what I meant, if he gets caught on the boundary it would be stupid, but as of now I'd say he should get a free license, Hopes as ready to take over as he will ever be now
I disagree. With so much batting left you don't mind seeing that at this stage. Better than pushing around dots and ones.

You can't really blame the players though, stats are so important to keeping their careers afloat. Most guys don't want to throw away their wicket for the team if they don't have to.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah we've only been 3 out for so much of this innings, I feel what Maximas was saying would be more correct if we were 5 down (and now 6 when Hartley got out).

I can confirm that while very good, Bankstown Sports isn't 'a dead-set palace'.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
This is some good death bowling, disappointed to see Reardon probably won't get a chance to ton up now

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent stuff from the Bulls, that was a top batting effort, will be a tough chase I reckon.

To finish on the debate I was having before - I don't think the Bulls would've got to 200 if Reardon hadn't batted through

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
6 wickets in hand. A bit selfish batting maybe and resources wasted.

Quality knock from Reardon though.
More wickets lost wouldn't necessarily mean more runs scored, the nature of the pitch meant that the longer you batted the quicker you were able to score, so I'd say keeping wickets in hand was a good thing - but whatever

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More wickets lost wouldn't necessarily mean more runs scored, the nature of the pitch meant that the longer you batted the quicker you were able to score, so I'd say keeping wickets in hand was a good thing - but whatever
That's true, but they should have started their charge earlier. They'll be kicking themselves if WA were 8/204 at the end.

Looks unlikely though lol