• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
skidmark00, does d00lan make a habit of playing away of his body
He likes a drive, but he's not any more loose than a lot of state players I suppose. His defence is generally pretty good.

With d00lander in general though, he has that touch of class about him, and unlike other state players who have that same feel about them (Khawaja for example) D00lan has a pretty good temperament and is tight enough when the ball is doing something.

Now, that's not to say that he's ready made for international cricket, but I think he's got the attributes to make a serviceable test player given the current Australian batting climate.

D00lander needs to have a really good Shield season this year. He's had one decent season but this is the time for him to shine. One season shouldn't be enough to play test cricket, but everyone in Australia should be hoping for him to rip up first class cricket this year because he could be a really important player for Australia. He's def got the attributes to be successful.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He likes a drive, but he's not any more loose than a lot of state players I suppose. His defence is generally pretty good.

With d00lander in general though, he has that touch of class about him, and unlike other state players who have that same feel about them (Khawaja for example) D00lan has a pretty good temperament and is tight enough when the ball is doing something.

Now, that's not to say that he's ready made for international cricket, but I think he's got the attributes to make a serviceable test player given the current Australian batting climate.

D00lander needs to have a really good Shield season this year. He's had one decent season but this is the time for him to shine. One season shouldn't be enough to play test cricket, but everyone in Australia should be hoping for him to rip up first class cricket this year because he could be a really important player for Australia. He's def got the attributes to be successful.
As someone else said, he is similar to Martin Love, albeit a lite variety

Have to say that I agree with Ian Chappell - far worse alternatives to Wade batting at 6 in the test team as he looks a class above most of the pretenders

TheJediBrah

It is one of those weird situations where you wouldn't really know how to react. I remember in a football/soccer game as a kid I ran after a shot on goal which rebounded off the post and I could have just tapped it in but fluffed it and the ball went for a goal kick. You almost wish someone would quickly yell out 'you've got time' or something along those lines. One of my biggest pet hates in professional sport is when batsman give up because they assume they are going to get out. Play until you've been given out/whistle blows FFS. It happened earlier on in the innings also, which you commented on, it just irks me.
I've been guilty of that myself at times. Top-edged balls straight into the air and pretty much started walking back to the pavilion before it's even reached it's apex.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh boy, wowee. Big boy Richo.
The thing is Richardson had already run three or four paces before throwing it. He should've known that the batsman wasn't running with him. The funniest bit was that not only did he not get the wicket, he gave away a run from the overthrow.

Riggins

International Captain
Spikey you will be pleased to know Dicky Earle's spread today consisted on why Klinger should be playing for Australia, why Botha will be fine, and no mention of the run out or the loss.

Top_Cat

I notice he's no longer pushing Harris' or Cossie's barrow. Such a fanboi.

Nek minit: "Trav Head - A Boon for Test Side?"

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
He used to write scathing articles about Ferg being a waste of talent. Ferg saw him an Electric Circus and bought him a bunch of drinks and ever since it has been the "Get him in the test team" show.