• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Abbotts run this country.

Over 25.3: Abbott to Christian, no run, OUT, late defence at a length ball just down off and it deflects back into the stumps

Spikey

Over 25.3: Abbott to Christian, no run, OUT, late defence at a length ball just down off and it deflects back into the stumps

good thing darren lehmann isnt watching

Top_Cat

Ferg coming in at 5 today, obviously gunning for Clarke's spot in the Test side. It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

Last edited:

benchmark00

If/when Botha doesn't return next season would SA name Klinger captain again? Or would Ferguson be a chance?

Spikey

just joking.

south australia trades MKlinger to Victoria for AFinch. Finch is made captain

Top_Cat

I've honestly heard no suggestion he won't be back? Know something?

If he doesn't, think they should look younger anyway. Klinger too old and Ferg.....shall we say, not leadership material. Trav Head? Has some captaincy experience in U/19's, I believe.

Last edited:

Spikey

I've honestly heard no suggest he won't be back? Know something?

he's out of contract + still wants to play for SA in the WC (or at least he did). So it would make sense. Wonder if Botha doesn't resign, but still plays in the Ryobi cup

benchmark00

I've honestly heard no suggest he won't be back? Know something?

If he doesn't, think they should look younger anyway. Klinger too old and Ferg.....shall we say, not leadership material. Trav Head? Has some captaincy experience in U/19's, I believe.
End of his contract, just think it would be a good time for both parties to explore other options. Especially if Muirhead comes across, which I'll grant you is less likely now than it was a month ago.

Also forgot about Macca. Surely if he's fit he captains.

Top_Cat

Would be an unusually good decision from SACA to make him captain. Can't see it.

Yeah and the Muirhead thing is interesting. You're right, a month ago he was a monty to move but now not so sure. **** we need him, though; spinning options without Botha are abysmal (anyone who mentions Z gets knifed).

EDIT: And Spikey puts it beyond doubt. Damn.