• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Muirhead leapfrogs Fawad Ahmed and Holland into the shield team, excited, but a bit disappointed for Fawad

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Muirhead leapfrogs Fawad Ahmed and Holland into the shield team, excited, but a bit disappointed for Fawad
must be bittersweet feelings for CA. all that time and money wasted on holland. wonder which state he'll move to

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You'd have to be eyeing off Tasmania if you a fringe state spinner. Doherty is on Australian duty half the time anyway, and even when he isn't I don't think anyone would be too disappointed if he didn't get to play Shield cricket.. probably not even Doherty himself.

The rest of the states all have a spinner they have big hopes for.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
You'd have to be eyeing off Tasmania if you a fringe state spinner. Doherty is on Australian duty half the time anyway, and even when he isn't I don't think anyone would be too disappointed if he didn't get to play Shield cricket.. probably not even Doherty himself.

The rest of the states all have a spinner they have big hopes for.
Clive Rose has performed pretty much every game he's played for Tassie iirc

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's played a grand total of three FC games for them, and he's taken more than two wickets in only one of them. He'd definitely be the easiest spinner to displace IMO; I reckon they'd drop him for Holland or Fawad in a heartbeat, especially with CA pressuring them to do so which we all know they would.

Spikey

seems like nsw are in a holding pattern until the new hope comes along, tbh.
waiting period is over

Kerry O'Keeffe ‏@kokeeffe49 34m
Good judges say the leg spinner to watch besides Muirhead is a teenage indigenous tweaker from Toronto NSW named Jonte Pattison..destined !

benchmark00

Peter Nevill ( Captain )

Doug Bollinger

Sean Abbott

Ryan Carters

Trent Copeland

Josh Hazlewood

Scott Henry

Nic Maddinson

Steve O’Keefe

Kurtis Patterson

Ben Rohrer

Gurinder Sandhu

Captain Nev.

benchmark00

So with Can Do Sandhu playing in the Futures match today, we're looking at:

Maddinson
Carters
Henry
Rohrer
Patterson
Nev (c)(+)(L)*
Copeland
Dermo
O'Keefe
Haze
Douglas

C = Captain
+ = Wicket Keeper
L = Legend

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So have they decided what Maddinson is yet? Seems like he's constantly alternating between opening and batting at 3.

adub

International Captain
Can't be arsed checking but I can't remember Mad Dog not opening this season.

I don't think he's realistically a test opening candidate, but good for him to take the new ball in the Shield.

Spikey

So with Can Do Sandhu playing in the Futures match today, we're looking at:

Maddinson
Carters
Henry
Rohrer
Patterson
Nev (c)(+)(L)*
Copeland
Dermo
O'Keefe
Haze
Douglas

C = Captain
+ = Wicket Keeper
L = Legend
you've forgotten that in classic nsw tradition, SOK will be a late out and replaced by someone who wasn't in the squad

benchmark00

News from the middle of the @scg - toss won by NSW skipper @pmnevill and NSW will bowl v @bushrangers #gotheblues pic.twitter.com/FKXBtGeb7U

Just another occasions where Nev > Wade