• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh it's just typical Bankstown. Nothing in it for the seam bowlers but is dry. Not easy to score quickly on but hard to get out if you're not necessarily trying to force the issue.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wow. Nasty collapse from Tasmania.

Is the pitch turd or something?
Yeah pretty much; definitely not as bad as the scores suggested. Pretty much agree with what Benchy said about it; both teams bowled well on it though and the batsmen didn't really assess the pitch properly. Make no mistake, NSW batted like absolute ****.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cowan was never going to strike over 50 on that pitch. Was always going to bog the innings down. Doolan is better on the front foot and playing down the ground.

adub

International Captain
Despite the slow pitch it was great to get out to Bankstown for today's game. Poor old Nufas was thinking NSW were going 265+, I said after the second over 220 would be a good total. Neither side got within cooee.

Haze started with real good pace, but it seemed to drop off after his first 4 overs. Dougeh charged in hard and looked fitter and stronger than he has for several years. Top stuff from the Rug - deserved some wickets. Smitteh's innings was classy on that deck. Miles infront of anyone else in playing the conditions. Doolan looked like he might have done something similar, but Fast Ed wasn't havin none of that.

Yeah baby - cricket season!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
178+97 = 275 so my 265+ was right on the money.

It was good fun adub, hopefully next time there are a few more runs in the game. Like you said though, Smitteh was class. Henriques deserves a mention too. I'm tempted to go on Tuesday again, but I kind of want to hear Warner's commentary too.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I just had a look at the Futures game, Vic all out 217, Ronan McDonald 5-35, Jason Floros 2-21 (big wickets too) and QLD at stumps 1-18 with Khawaja 6*. I hope Usman makes a ton today.

Can't wait for the Cricket today in overcast conditions, I hope the pitch is somehow quicker and we see more runs than in the first game. Maximas, I don't think that both Vic spinners should be in the XI, but it wouldn't be that surprising if they are just because Australia are probably more interested in their progress compared to say someone like Boland.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Siddle rested FFS. Glad I didn't venture out to the ground today now.. Also, a little surprising that Tassie remain unchanged, I guess when you loss well the players deserve a chance to rectify things but I just can't see how Silk isn't in the best XI.

That intruder on Big Brotha is smokin huh..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Steve is a big fan of using the first name and saying um or uhhh but has a commentary voice for sure and is interesting.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
bad luck Nuffers, Boland and the two spinners in the team, I thought the Vics didn't like doing what the national selectors told them!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its on now boi.

SOK, you don't need to say the batsman or the bowlers first name every four words.. Is that annoying anyone else? Lovely shot from Alex. :p