• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Another high pressure second innings chase century for Doolers would be nice here, Silk also to hang around would be ideal.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing about Doolan. It could help him secure a spot on the tour of South Africa.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm surely not the first person to say this, but it's great to see plenty of guys scoring runs in the Shield. As of the 6th round, 19 different guys have scored tons with most of them having scored plenty of fifties too. It is a stark contrast from about a year ago when there was simply nobody doing anything on the domestic scene.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Over 51.2: Wade to Burns, no run, OUT, WOW! short of a length looking to work the ball but can only manage a thick outside edge that spoons up in the air where Wade takes a great diving catch to remove Burns who played brilliantly!

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i can't believe wade took a good catch off an edge either
:laugh:

That's quality. Wade to do a reverse Watling and learn how to bowl, IMO.

As for Burns, at least he wasn't out to noted bowling all-rounder Aaron Finch.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I don't believe he can; pretty sure he has to bowl it out unless he's "injured".

But one can hardly lay claim to being "injured" if they're keeping wicket.

Law 22.7(a) said:
Other than at the end of an innings, a bowler shall finish an over in progress unless he is incapacitated or is suspended under any of the Laws.

Top_Cat

SA's inevitable win tomorrow will be SA's first in Sydney in just over 10 years, nice way to kick off a renewed winning culture at home.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Was ok with the Blues letting Hughes ton but not the collapse. Must be all the BB excitement...

Top_Cat

Worth noting that Chadd has 20-odd poles this season without taking a 5-fer. Was red-hot last year of course and that he's not this year but still picking up wickets is something SA have missed for many (many) years. Having more than a one **** tracking for a good season with the bat is helpful too but that sort of contributor in the attack is gold dust, especially if he hits his straps post-Christmas.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who would have thought that the Alcohol. Think Again Warriors would get a mention in an academic essay from yours truly. This further proves that my hours (haven't been as much I would like) of watching Shield streams has proven worthwhile.

BTW, massive day for QLD today as we will be 20 points behind first and 14 behind second if we don't get a result. I think we have to do a Shane Warne here and be prepared to lose in order to win. I think we should bat 19 overs and aim to make 81+ so we set 300 to get in 75 overs. The Vics would have to be fairly happy with that, as they seem to have attacking minded batsman who would fancy there chances in more of an OD style run chase.

benchmark00

Over 10.6: Abbott to Ferguson, no run, leaves, fine over. SA 3/20 (Cooper 2, Ferguson 12)
Over 10.5: Abbott to Cooper, one run, DROPPED, edged again, tough chance
Over 10.4: Abbott to Ferguson, one run, cheeky single by point
Over 10.3: Abbott to Ferguson, FOUR, sliced to the offside boundary
Over 10.2: Abbott to Cooper, one run, DROPPED, edged between second and third slip
Over 10.1: Abbott to Cooper, no run, blocks a straight ball to point