• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah indeed. Even made a NSW Second XI appearance last season I believe. *shudders*
think it was the end of 2011/12 season. we organised a 2nd xi match v VIC which basically seemed like a selection trial for the next season. dermo abbott scored a ton

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
think it was the end of 2011/12 season. we organised a 2nd xi match v VIC which basically seemed like a selection trial for the next season
Yeah that was the one I think.

Whenever it was, I'm pretty sure it was a rare genuine Second XI match rather than a Futures League age restrictions based game, and we only ever seem to play those against Victoria, so I think you're right.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yep. Doesn't even make the First XI with that, however. Got about 6 batsmen averaging 50+, yet don't have a single Test quality pace bowler. It's legit the world gone mad.
When I played ICC back in the day I always ended up with county teams like that. I think it's just easier to bat than bowl on a lot of those games for some reason, unless you have a h4x spinner.

morgieb

Yep. Doesn't even make the First XI with that, however. Got about 6 batsmen averaging 50+, yet don't have a single Test quality pace bowler. It's legit the world gone mad.
Reminds me of every time I play ICC lol.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hasn't been in the frame for selection for the last couple of seasons - certainly not playing for Wellington - not sure if he's still playing club cricket there or not.
Pretty sure he played for Onslow on the weekend just gone in premier reserve (2nd grade)

Notably playing alongside a guy I used to work with who turned out a couple of times for my Hutt Valley 1A winning side (about 8th grade) - not Smudge

So, yeah... About that first class career...

Not sure if he's played before that this season though, so he might be coming back from injury I guess?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Speaking of keepers, if they only wore gloves and pads as protection, what region of the body would hurt like hell and make everyone else laugh, if they were hit?

Top_Cat

Backs might have this one. 58 runs to get and all bar Putland can hold the stick. Going to be close, though....

Spikey

Over 117.6: O'Keefe to Ludeman, no run, OUT, played for the spin and this goes straight through the gap, big wicket. SA 7/340 (Ludeman 30, Mennie 10)

a classic mistake

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Exciting matches in progress, QLD claiming first innings point by just the 11 runs thanks largely to McDermott being selected over Neser.

NSW in some trouble against SA, 2-5 and still 48 runs behind.

brockley

International Captain
Mays well get the shock defeat out of the way the Blues,Bollie will come back next game,and Hughes maybe in S Africa.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Another high pressure second innings chase century for Doolers would be nice here, Silk also to hang around would be ideal.