• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

adub

International Captain
The proper order of things asserts itself in the battle of the tweakers. The only spinner in Australia with an average under 30 has climbed to the top of the Shield wicket takers list.
*didn't bother to wait til the end of Agar's game because his numbers are so awful he's in danger of being replaced by Michael Beer. (of course the **** then goes and gets Reardon just as I finish updating - I'll edit him after stumps)

SNJ O'Keefe 182.2 overs 21 wickets 20.42 ave 2.35 rpo 52.0 sr (for a guy who has never turned a ball this **** sure does take a lot of Shield wickets for not many runs)
CJ Boyce 175.0 overs 19 wickets 34.94 ave 3.79 rpo 55.2 sr (not too sure why Haurie got the gig over the leggy)
XJ Doherty 143.5 overs 17 wickets 24.76 ave 2.92 rpo 50.7 sr (a bigger indictment on the quality of shield batting you will not find)
Fawad Ahmed 133.3 overs 14 wickets 34.07 ave 3.57 rpo 57.2 sr
AC Agar 192.0 overs 12 wickets 51.91 ave 3.24 rpo 96.0 sr (final numbers at stumps)
NM Lyon 142.1 overs 10 wickets 35.10 ave 2.46 rpo 85.3 sr
A Zampa 108.4 overs 10 wickets 48.20 ave 4.43 rpo 65.2 sr
NM Hauritz 161.3 overs 10 wickets 52.90 ave 3.27 rpo 96.9 sr
CA Rose 76.0 overs 9 wickets 34.00 ave 4.02 rpo 50.6 sr
CL White 44.0 overs 6 wickets 28.66 ave 3.90 rpo 44.0 sr
MJ North 31.3 overs 3 wickets 31.33 ave 2.98 rpo 63.0 sr

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
Agar with about 20 overs to bowl WA to a remarkable win and fight off the Beer reanimation...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder if Carters will begin looking elsewhere for a chance to keep wicket. He's obviously doing fine as an opening batsman this season but his real value lies in the double role; it'd be great for Australian cricket if he was actually developing his glovework too. If Nev was any other Victorian-born player then I'd hope he moved states, but Nev is Nev so I hope they both stick around.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just further evidence that Ludeman shouldn't really be playing Shield cricket though; he's not amongst the best eight or so wicket keeper batsmen in the country.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2014/15 shield team

1 quiney
2 finch
3 maxwell
4 handscomb
5 white
6 wade
7 carters (+)

Riggins

International Captain
Would like to let it be known I am fully tea toxed and awaiting Dermo's Ashes arrival to embark on a binge on all things g00d.

benchmark00

I wonder if Carters will begin looking elsewhere for a chance to keep wicket. He's obviously doing fine as an opening batsman this season but his real value lies in the double role; it'd be great for Australian cricket if he was actually developing his glovework too. If Nev was any other Victorian-born player then I'd hope he moved states, but Nev is Nev so I hope they both stick around.
As I said earlier in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised to see South Australia chase him.

Although he'll be NSW keeper if he sticks it out for a few years due to Nev's ball deep status aws.

Spikey

I mean, I doubt Carters moved to NSW expecting to see regular glove time in the near future.

benchmark00

Yeah but once he cements his spot as a bat he wants to increase the strings to his bow to make him the most appealing package, not going to do that as just a bat.

adub

International Captain
Yeah but once he cements his spot as a bat he wants to increase the strings to his bow to make him the most appealing package, not going to do that as just a bat.
keeps reeling off tons and he won't need to worry about anything else, but agree SA would be mad not to put an offer in to either Nev or Carters.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marcus North is having a good year. If Bailey fails a couple more times, I could see North back in the national side.

Spikey

NT left to regret their below par performance in the first 30 overs

CricketNSW ‏@CricketNSW 3m
#U19Nationals NSW has scraped home against Northern Territory, winning by 5 runs.