• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I actually don't mind Neser; think it'd be a shame for Australian cricket as a whole if someone like him couldn't get a Shield game. McDermott obviously the better player though.
I don't think he is good enough to make any Shield team unless there are a good number of injuries. With Hopes in the side, it makes Neser's spot more of an issue as they are quite similar in the MO, IMO. I don't have a problem at all with Neser in the shorter formats.

Copeland and O'Keefe are proving difficult to score against, once again.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think he is good enough to make any Shield team unless there are a good number of injuries. With Hopes in the side, it makes Neser's spot more of an issue as they are quite similar in the MO, IMO. I don't have a problem at all with Neser in the shorter formats.
I don't really think Neser and Hopes are similar in MO at all. Neser's actually really quick by domestic standards.

I don't think he's good enough to make Queensland's Shield side at full strength either but that's just because they've got some good fast bowling depth. I'd pick him ahead of Gale and Gannon but not McDermott or Feldman. Don't think it's really that big an issue in any rate, tbh.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Copeland and O'Keefe are proving difficult to score against, once again.
From what I've seen, SOK's having one of those days where I can't figure out how he's ever taken a wicket. Maybe I've just seen his least threatening overs and missed his threatening overs though

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
From what I've seen, SOK's having one of those days where I can't figure out how he's ever taken a wicket. Maybe I've just seen his least threatening overs and missed his threatening overs though
Nah that's just him. Never looks like taking any wickets even when he is taking them.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Over 80.4: Bollinger to Paine, FOUR, steam coming out of Bollinger's ears. Paine nicks it and it flies between the 'keeper and first slip, neither of whom went for it.

Nevill and Copeland at fault.

SACA have already taken first innings points. Doing well this year.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
SACA have already taken first innings points. Doing well this year.
Really don't mind their team this year. Long tail but there's plenty to like about their top order and bowling group.

Have they played a game with greater than 50% South Australian representation this season yet? Serious question. I'm willing to count Kane Richardson as half a South Australian but that still only leaves them at exactly 50% for this game.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Really don't mind their team this year. Long tail but there's plenty to like about their top order and bowling group.

Have they played a game with greater than 50% South Australian representation this season yet? Serious question. I'm willing to count Kane Richardson as half a South Australian but that still only leaves them at exactly 50% for this game.
I don't think so. Don't think it's really that big an issue in any rate, tbh.

benchmark00

Over 88.2: Copeland to Paine, no run, OUT, short, wide, cuts but in the air and straight to Abbott at point. He'll be very disappointed to get out like that having done all the hard work

A good win

Spikey

The boi Hogan with a ripping tweet

Ric Finlay ‏@RicFinlay 11m
TPaine (78) becomes the latest to decide against a century, holing out to point off TCopeland . Tas 6-283 #TasvNSW

Jesse Hogan ‏@Jesse_Hogan 10m
@RicFinlay In the Shield he's been making that same decision for more than seven years.

Spikey

it takes a superstar to dismiss the most in form batsman in the land

Over 6.4: Feldman to North, no run, OUT, outside edged to keeper Hartley.

adub

International Captain
Over 88.2: Copeland to Paine, no run, OUT, short, wide, cuts but in the air and straight to Abbott at point. He'll be very disappointed to get out like that having done all the hard work

A good win
Australian cricket is saved.