• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've always rated him but I think he's further away than you think. Last season he didn't play a single game, the season before he averaged less than 20 in 14 innings and got dropped, and the season before that he actually scored a bucketload of runs but was then surprisingly ignored for any winter cricket despite about 30 blokes playing either A-team stuff or attending the CoE.

Scoring lots of runs this summer is going to be a big stepping stone for him and I hope he does it but he's not going to be in the frame for the Ashes IMO. Wouldn't mind if he was, but I don't think he will be.
Yeah I don't think he'll be in the frame for this seasons Ashes beefy boi, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him looked at in the one day arena on the back of Shield runs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I don't think he'll be in the frame for this seasons Ashes beefy boi, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him looked at in the one day arena on the back of Shield runs.
Yeah, depends how seriously they take those one dayers in terms of selection I guess. Would quite like to see him end up in the squad to the UAE which is a vague possibility, especially if he plays some home one dayers this summer; he's all class.

benchmark00

Yeah, depends how seriously they take those one dayers in terms of selection I guess. Would quite like to see him end up in the squad to the UAE which is a vague possibility, especially if he plays some home one dayers this summer; he's all class.
I had a line half typed in my post about how he may not get a go in the ODI's because they might just want to play their core squad in the lead up to the world cup which will be 12 months away, then I deleted it cause I cbf.

He might just snag a game though.

Spikey

guys darren lehmann dumped the rotation policy so lynn's got no chance of snagging a game

Spikey

Over 46.4: Copeland to Lynn, no run, OUT, short at the body, looking to pull and has dragged that back onto his stumps, unlucky way to be dismissed.

benchmark00

In what could be a red letter taste day for Nufers N00fan:

• Copeland is one wicket away from a five for
  • Nevill made a chanceless, classy, international quality 83 against England
  • Nevill is on track to take 10 dismissals in the bowling innings
  • Hughes is unbeaten on his way to a half century and possibly a century.

Last edited:

Spikey

Over 52.4: Copeland to Hopes, no run, OUT, great delivery, pushing at the ball as it angles in and shape away, thick edge to Haddin who makes no mistake!

FOW 6/189 J. Hopes c: Haddin b: Copeland 40 runs 75 balls 87 minutes 6 boundaries. Partnership 19 runs 36 balls 26 minutes. New Batsman - B. Cutting. Trent Copeland also picks up his 5th wicket that is his 10th 5 wicket haul!

morgieb

How the **** is Boland still out there?

In semi-related news, Nufers tasting it balls deep.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The Boland thing is getting really funny now :laugh:

I'm semi-surprised Victoria are happy to let him do it in what's only a four day game.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
In what could be a red letter taste day for Nufers N00fan:

• Copeland is one wicket away from a five for
  • Nevill made a chanceless, classy, international quality 83 against England
  • Nevill is on track to take 10 dismissals in the bowling innings
  • Hughes is unbeaten on his way to a half century and possibly a century.
Such a **** for including Nevill's 83 in today's play after him failing to reach three figures. BTW, Hughes is one of the six batsman in the country at Shield level. Just not at Test level against the better attacks. Players like Copeland are terrific to have on the domestic circuit. My issue with him was with the Australian team.

I should probably start a thread giving my opinion of every domestic cricketer and what I think of there game and there level/best attributes etc. because I continue to get mis-tasted every time a Cricketer does something noteworthy. :)

Last edited:

benchmark00

Over 42.4: North to Hughes, two runs, works a full toss away behind square leg and passes 50 in 167 mins, 113 balls with 5 fours

!!!!

Spikey

Lyon gets a wicket (caught by Copeland) but it's still possible for Copeland to beat his previous best bowling figures of 8/92 (v Queensland) in this innings

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
If Hughes tonnes up here does it put him one behind D00lan in the pecking order? Or are there a few other guys that are likely to get tried out considering Hughes test record?

Spikey

Over 105.3: Doherty to Boland, no run, DROPPED. Edges through to the keeper but he can't hold onto it.

benchmark00

If Hughes tonnes up here does it put him one behind D00lan in the pecking order? Or are there a few other guys that are likely to get tried out considering Hughes test record?
It would be madness for Hughes to be dropped right down the bottom of the pecking order IMO.