• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Guessing Bollinger has been ruled out and SOK was wanted by NSW. (or Lyon is out for some reason)
When they named SoK in that squad, I thought they would be a bowler short in the Shield if Dougeh was ruled out.

Warner, Maddo, Scooter, TPC*, Moises, Patterson, Haddin+, SoK, Copeland, Cando Sandhu, Lyon (Dermo Abbott 12th)

These nicknames are seriously hard to keep up with.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I loved how the 2nd XI/CA side was perfectly structured, but still managed to include two wicket keepers

benchmark00

Wait, isn't it all but confirmed Doug won't play Shield? My impression was that he could be out for a couple of weeks.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
QLD looking to get their first win of the season have selected a good batting lineup, but still no room for Pomers Pomersbach who hit 80 the other day in Grade Cricket.

James Hopes (c)

Cameron Boyce

Joe Burns

Ben Cutting

Peter Forrest

Chris Hartley

Nathan Hauritz

Usman Khawaja

Chris Lynn

Alister McDermott

Michael Neser

Nathan Reardon (subject to a fitness test)

(12th man to be named)

Feldman and Gannon are injured and Harris is resting. I wonder if Gale was available.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Come now Dan, that would never happen. They'd sooner call up me than actually have a deep batting lineup.
*proper bowler

They'd still play a trillion bowling options, just none of them would actually be any good. The SoK-less team I was imagining still had Copeland-Abbott-Sandhu-Lyon-Henriques-Smith.

From that team I've posted there, it wouldn't surprise me to see Patterson left out for dermo abbott just to make it more bowler-heavy ridiculousness

adub

International Captain
Our state teams aren't good enough to do that even if they tried, to state the obvious. No point pining about something which is a total impossibility these days.
For sure, but sending out such weak bowling line ups does rankle. We should have taken the chance to give our real fringe players a shot at inflicting a few mental scars, but the fact is we're scared they'd be the ones shown up.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I figured it was more a ploy of denying them any sort of quality batting in the hope that it would help us at the Gabba. Problem is that giving Cook and co time in the middle I'd what will hurt since they won't bf surprised by the step up in quality. Or step down if MJ plays.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Im hoping its just like Watson before the last Ashes, scored runs in the tour matches but looked like a hack in the tests.

Spikey

Jesse Hogan ‏@Jesse_Hogan 5m
Back pain again flares for @acvoges, with his Invitational XI spot vs Eng taken by Kurtis Patterson. @Jimmy07Muirhead also in, for S.O'Keefe

adub

International Captain
NSW going with medium pace and spin:

Brad Haddin ( Captain )
Sean Abbott
Trent Copeland
Ben Dwarshuis (12th)
Moises Henriques
Scott Henry
Nathan Lyon
Nic Maddinson
Steve O’Keefe
Steven Smith
Gurinder Sandhu
David Warner

Dougeh being rested as a precaution, Haze still out with shin soreness.

Maybe the lack of pace will work for us at ABF?

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Brad Haddin ( Captain )
Sean Abbott
Trent Copeland
Ben Dwarshuis (12th)
Moises Henriques
Scott Henry
Nathan Lyon
Nic Maddinson
Steve O’Keefe
Steven Smith
Gurinder Sandhu
David Warner
Come now Dan, that would never happen. They'd sooner call up me than actually have a deep batting lineup.
PEWS right, me tasting. Though if they played Patterson instead of Dermo they'd have a balanced line-up and everything. FMD.