• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
You can attribute Lynn's good form to my Yvonne video, you know, knowing that a guy like him with a face like his might be good enough for an actual live girl from QLD, that could only spur his form on.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Cricket Australia Invitational XI is:

Ed Cowan (Tasmania)
Aaron Finch (Victoria)
Callum Ferguson (South Australia)
Adam Voges (Western Australia)
Ben Rohrer (New South Wales)
Ryan Carters (New South Wales)
Peter Nevill (New South Wales) - Captain
Stephen O’Keefe (New South Wales)
Josh Lalor (New South Wales)
Chris Tremain (New South Wales)
Nic Bills (New South Wales)

Coach: Geoff Lawson (New South Wales)

policy for this game: support the bowlers, support batsmen 1, 4, 5, 6, 7

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I like how Finch has earned the right to be in this team.. Basically it seems bizarre that WA have to lose their captain for this match while Victoria lose a batsman who probably isn't in there top 7 at the moment with Maxwell returning from Australia A and Christian an option.

Also, with Clarke resting I figured that Rohrer could take his spot. Henriques has to come in too I guess.

QLD at least get Khawaja back and not playing for the Invitational XI.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whilst I have real doubts as to whether SOK would perform at international level, I'd love to see him take a bagful in this match just to make the Oz selectors look like ****s

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It was pretty funny when he was outbowling Lyon in the shield games alongside him though.

Looks like Fawad is officially out of contention for Brisbane to the relief of all

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Not supporting those bats from other states. Hoping we bat first and are 4-0. Rohrer and Nev to double ton up and kept the Poms in the field for days. Bowling apart from Sok looks like it will just be more batting practice.

Riggins

International Captain
"Playing Kane at 3 and Boats at 6 gives us great balance and an extra bowling option" - Darren Berry.

Last edited:

Spikey

Even more optimistic about Maxwell's potential than the player himself is his state coach, Greg Shipperd, who has grizzled at not being able to work with him for Victoria since late November 2012.

"I remember telling him he could be our best technical player when I fed balls to him one day. He looked at me in surprise [because] that was when (David) Hussey was at his prime and others were.

Spikey

Peter Lalor ‏@plalor 1m
Steve O'Keefe latest player to be pulled out of the game against England this week. He'll be playing Shield for NSW

Spikey

Guessing Bollinger has been ruled out and SOK was wanted by NSW. (or Lyon is out for some reason)

adub

International Captain
From a Bl000000s point of view that's a win (so long as it's not Dougeh out) but **** they want to give the pommy bats as much time in the middle as possible.

Nothing like the old days when we used to enjoy having the state teams towel up the tourists before the tests so they went in as low on confidence as possible.

Spark

Global Moderator
Our state teams aren't good enough to do that even if they tried, to state the obvious. No point pining about something which is a total impossibility these days.