• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 10 Indian Batsmen of All Time

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Mohinder Amarnath
5. Vijay Hazare
6. Vijay Merchant
7. Virendra Sehwag
8. V. V. S. Laxman
9. Gundappa Viswanath
10. Mohm. Azharuddin/ Dilip Vengsarkar

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised to have to clarify that I wasn't being serious, was actually pretty happy with your list ftr

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1) Vijay Bhardwaj
2) MSK Prasad
3) Eknath Solkar
4) Ajay Ratra
5) Devang Gandhi
6) Dinesh Mongia
7) Maharaja of Porbandar ( trust me, the best Cricinfo writeup ever)
8) Hemang Badani
9) Sadagoppan Ramesh
10) Deep Dasgupta

Would pay to watch

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
1) Vijay Bhardwaj
2) MSK Prasad
3) Eknath Solkar
4) Ajay Ratra
5) Devang Gandhi
6) Dinesh Mongia
7) Maharaja of Porbandar ( trust me, the best Cricinfo writeup ever)
8) Hemang Badani
9) Sadagoppan Ramesh
10) Deep Dasgupta

Would pay to watch
Good call.

But two players don't belong on this list: Solkar and Ramesh. Solkar was the only guy in his squad who knew how to catch and field. Ramesh had a pretty decent run for your standard subcontinental ftb opener.
I would recommend Parthiv Patel to this team, but I guess his full career has yet to be fully written.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good call.

But two players don't belong on this list: Solkar and Ramesh. Solkar was the only guy in his squad who knew how to catch and field. Ramesh had a pretty decent run for your standard subcontinental ftb opener.
I would recommend Parthiv Patel to this team, but I guess his full career has yet to be fully written.
Yeah probably not... But I dunno couldn't think of other worse batsmen tbh. A similar 10 for Indian bowlers would be an enormously difficult task. Absolute treasure trove of demon bowlers