• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ambrose or Mcgrath?

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Not really qualified to disseminate on their technical skills, but it's telling that McGrath seems to make more ATG World XIs on this forum than Curtly.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really qualified to disseminate on their technical skills, but it's telling that McGrath seems to make more ATG World XIs on this forum than Curtly.
True, Ambrose was a true champion, but just below McGrath. Same ball park though. Never though we were out of a match when Amby had the new cherry in his hand and I think he was the No. 1 rated bolwer in the world up until when he retired.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah and what's interesting is that Ambrose seems to win most of the polls between the two. We have a situation where a (small) majority of CW seems to think Ambrose was the better of the two, but the McGrath faction rate their own man higher than the Ambrose faction.

I'm a good example I guess in that I think Ambrose was the better of the two but wouldn't have either of them in genuine contention for my ATWXI.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Such similar bowlers. Ambrose just had a touch more intimidation I think. Depends on what you want from your bowler. In my mind I think McGrath was more accurate. But Ambrose could be as well. Such a tough choice. I'll just take Marshall then