• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arthur Morris Interview

bagapath

International Captain
read it on cricinfo and loved it. Mr Morris sounds like a true gentleman and a great bloke all around.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"We didn't have to hug each other, which is good because we didn't have all these deodorants you have these days. If I had put my arm around Bill O'Reilly I wouldn't be here talking to you today."

:laugh: Good stuff

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was interesting to hear him say at some point that he never really felt he was that good a player. You'd think after excelling for an extended period those sort of self doubts would fade away.

Gilly was the same. It really comes through in his book how much he doubted himself, which is pretty remarkable considering he was one of the greatest cricketers of all time.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
When its happening it can make a difference I guess, in retrospect I think when Morris hears some of things he achieved, if he wasn't such a gentleman he'd be saying how awesome he was. To outscore and average the Don in the same amount of innings. Helped by his last innings sure, but still a big achievement.
I loved his perspective on things too. Stupid commentators making big stories out of side issues, and he was laughing like they were nothing, which of course they were. Except perhaps if he had gone out drinking with Miller! I'd love to be asked to party with Keith Miller!