• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West indies-A tour of India!!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We made four changes to the team that played the last game!!..at first glance it doesn't appear to have been a good day for us but 9 of the 10 wickets fell to pacers!!..and with all due respect India's A-team pacers have been hit around the park in this series so i'd imagine this is a good track for the bowlers!!..we'll see tomorrow.

With India needing to win the game to draw the series i'd think they'll be looking to put up a big score...they'd need at least a lead of 150 to really put the pressure on i'd think.
Didn't mean his bowling. It was just a random comment, he's been great with the bat for a couple of seasons, and recently he's been especially good, so picking up wickets alongside that was what made me comment on his form.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Didn't mean his bowling. It was just a random comment, he's been great with the bat for a couple of seasons, and recently he's been especially good, so picking up wickets alongside that was what made me comment on his form.
No need to explain Daemon i wasn't questioning your comment i was just giving my opinion on the days play!!..India finally get us out under 300 is gonna set up an exciting finish i'd imagine. But they'll need bat really well to make todays efforts count.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good to see the cream rise to the top today with tons for Gambhir and Pujara and Deonarine breaking the big partnership.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag can never get back in the runs even in his new-found comfort zone, can he? Tough luck. There's a better option in Nayar, who's been bowling a lot more. He's hit 100 first-class wickets in this game, but I feel this bloke isn't really taking his bowling as seriously as, say, Rajat Bhatia or LR Shukla. Shukla, in particular, puts in a lot more effort, hitting the deck and getting some bounce, while Bhatia, at the very least, moves the ball a lot. Nayar isn't doing as much- we read how he got a wicket by frustrating one batsman with a stream of wide deliveries, and getting an edge.

The bloke's definitely in some crazy form over the last season, and decent form in the season before, and would be an ideal fit in an Indian six/seven, but since the bowling resources are not so strong, a better bowler would be preferred. In seaming conditions, he's a better choice, than on flat wickets.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Pujara WAG :wub:
Said it all along... He's the 60+ average batsman cricket has been waiting for
No way. Tendulkar averaged 80+ in Indian domestic cricket.

The Home of CricketArchive

Dravid was also up around 70 in Indian domestic cricket, though for some reason that average is down in Duleep Trophy.

The Home of CricketArchive

So yeh, there is nothing to suggest Pujara will average any more than those two. That being said, I'd absolutely kill for a batsman like that.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
It's hard to deduce the quality of Indian bowling given that we can't see how the pitch is playing, but I really want Zak and Ishwar to do well. India desperately need it

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Ind A won by an innings and 54 runs with zaheer taking 4 wickets. Nayar once again getting two crucial wickets.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It's hard to deduce the quality of Indian bowling given that we can't see how the pitch is playing, but I really want Zak and Ishwar to do well. India desperately need it
Four for Zaheer which may or may not find him back in the Test side. I think that even at his worst, he is a better option than Ishant. Pandey with just two in the match but he did well in the games against South Africa showing that those conditions might suit him nicely.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
All of the comeback gang, with the exception of Sehwag, have had good figures, but mostly inflated by this match, and they only played two. They will, however, need to play a few more domestic games to get right back in the running. Nayar's figures, though, may need a second look. He's bowled a little less than Zaheer, but has finished with respectable figures over the series, and has kept his batting form going. May be unlucky to miss out on an India cap, although weak bowling won't help his cause.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Agreed. I want to see above-average performances from Zak in Ranji. I'm not going to say an average because we don't know what kind of pitches he'll be served up in Ranji, but he needs to show that he can perform with consistency at a high level