Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: West indies-A tour of India!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    relying on Daemon updates now, cricinfo completely ****ed it seems
    Guru Meditation. That's a new one.

~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

yeah, what the **** is going on? Back now for me
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Nice to see Rasool get a couple of wickets. Got a 7-fer against the Australians in a tour game iirc.

Deonarine's not supposed to get out. Rigged.

Assad Fudadin making it all worth it for the Indian crowd - the perfect advertisement for cricket he is

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Looking forward to see how Cummins performs. Really think he is something special and key to the W.I future.
    Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2

W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Cameron+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    264/5 on the first day isn't a bad effort at all. Although of course it would have been better if Kraigg or Edwards not got out. What kind of pitch is this? Some have said it's good for batting while others think there's something in it for the bowlers?!!..i guess we'll see when we bowl. I'd be happy with anything over 350 tbh!!..Fudadin is gonna have to step it up in the first session because eventually he'll get out if he keeps being so defensive.

I also agree with Kyear about Cummins!!..the boy just has that ability to bowl a line that the batsmen can't resist having a nibble at!!..and his pace is good too. Shame Cotterrell has had to come home injured but Delorn Johnson should be a very good partner for Cummins anyway.
    One Day cups- Champions trophy winners-T20 cup-29 test series without defeat record- and some think we're a "minnow".

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Fudadin really opening up has enabled WI to reach 400+. Up to a strike rate of 41 now.

The coverage for this FC leg is disappointing, much like India A's batting. The spinners have a lot to gain here, as all three spinners in operation have got plenty of wickets, but I feel most of India A's batsmen have thrown their wickets away to the spinners.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Well from our point of view it's been a fantastic match for the first three days!!..Kraigg, Edwards and Fudadin all batted superbly to push our total up to 429 and many thought the track was merely a road. But when India came in they started well but as soon as we nicked those two quick wickets we put pressure on them. The spinners came into play and pretty much ripped the heart out of the India batting line-up!!..they were out for 245 and we had a 184 lead!!..Edwards decided not to make them follow on and for the last 30 overs we made 130/3!!..so early tomorrow i'd expect us to declare at around the 350 lead mark and then have a go at India!!..i expect it to be tough but apparently the wicket is really starting to turn sharply so our spinner just might be licking their lips again.
    Last edited by WindieWeathers; 27-09-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Hopefully India bat well enough for Deonarine to actually get a bowl in the second innings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Spin would be the intelligent selection here but it is far more interesting to see how pace bowlers do in these conditions against batsmen of this caliber.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Really proud of the boys today as we won the game by 162 runs HERE . The spinners yet again tormented the Indian's!!..Miller got 5fer, Permaul three and Deonarine (prince ews will love this lol) got TWO wickets at a crucial time to break a partnership. I did wonder whether we would bat again at the start of the day but Edwards took the decision to declare overnight on a 314 lead which to me was a little brave of him seeing as Pujara was in that line-up.

All in all the only disappointment is our pacers just couldn't get anything out of that track!!..and once our spinners got going they were virtual spectators while Permy, Miller and Deo bowled over after over. I hope the next track provides more for the pacers.

In closing apparently Sehwag, Gambir and Zaheer Khan will play the next game so no doubt it's gonna be a tougher affair but being one up means we won't have to push too hard and it will be India who has to take risks in the last two games. Anything can happen through so i won't be counting my chickens.

Sehwag and Gambhir won't necessarily make it a tougher challenge. But I think Zaheer definitely will.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information