• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

REAL TIME DRAFT- tonight, here (SEPT 2013)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ok guys, here goes. Real time draft here tonight. Draft a test match side that must include players that meet the following clauses.

Clauses
- Choose a cricketer with a test batting average between 24 and 36

- Choose a player who has played 30 or more T20Is.

- Choose a player with a test batting average higher than his FC batting average OR a higher ODI batting average higher than his test batting average.

- Choose a player who played test cricket with or against one of the following players- CTB Turner, WG Grace, Fred Spofforth, Victor Trumper.

- Choose one player dismissed by one of the following bowlers- Fred "The Demon" Spofforth, Bill "Tiger" O'Reilly, "Fiery" Fred Trueman, Colin "Funky" Miller, or Greg "Mo" Matthews

- Choose your favourite player from the pool of unselected players when you use this clause, and in one sentence tell us why he's your favourite.

The other five players are your own choice.
Bradman is available, but his selection will put you at the end of the two rounds following the one you select him in.

Rules

- Draft the strongest test team you can

- You have 5 minutes to select a player when it is your turn

- Stay online for the duration of the draft

- 11 rounds only (no 12th men)

- List will be randomised after each two rounds, with every second round the reverse of the one before it. Full order will be posted before the draft starts. Only changes will be if Bradman is taken.

Draft to start at 7.30pm AUSTRALIAN (EST)

Post in here if keen.

Last edited:

Red

iZvn9.jpg

I'm pretty ambivalent as a Richmond supporter itbt.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A query: When selecting the rest of the 5 players, do we have to choose from outside the pool of the players identified in the first 5 criteria, or not?

Red

1/2 an hour to go and only a few participants. Might hold this off for a couple of days. I can't do it tomorrow, but after that I'm around for the next few weeks.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I was here in time, but you'd already called it at that stage. I look forward to another go after the weekend or so if that's when it happens

Red

Will run tonight if people are interested.

Starting at 7.30pm Australian (EST).

Let me know if you're in with a post.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think it's a bit of a strectch to go for a quick draft with lots of people when it requires research.