• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2013 Short formats

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thu Oct 10
13:30 GMT | 19:00 local
21:30 WST | 00:00 CST +1d | 00:30 EST +1d Only T20I - India v Australia
Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot

Sun Oct 13
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local
17:00 WST | 19:30 CST | 20:00 EST 1st ODI - India v Australia
Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium, Pune

Wed Oct 16
17:00 WST | 19:30 CST | 20:00 EST 2nd ODI - India v Australia
Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur

Sat Oct 19
17:00 WST | 19:30 CST | 20:00 EST 3rd ODI - India v Australia
Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh

Wed Oct 23
17:00 WST | 19:30 CST | 20:00 EST 4th ODI - India v Australia
JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi

Sat Oct 26
17:00 WST | 19:30 CST | 20:00 EST 5th ODI - India v Australia
Barabati Stadium, Cuttack

Wed Oct 30
17:00 WST | 19:30 CST | 20:00 EST 6th ODI - India v Australia
Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur

Sat Nov 2
17:00 WST | 19:30 CST | 20:00 EST 7th ODI - India v Australia
M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

Australia Squad
Michael Clarke (Captain) NSW
George Bailey (Vice-Captain) TAS
Nathan Coulter-Nile WA
Xavier Doherty TAS
James Faulkner TAS
Aaron Finch VIC
Brad Haddin NSW
Moises Henriques NSW
Phil Hughes SA
Mitchell Johnson WA
Glenn Maxwell VIC
Clint McKay VIC
Adam Voges WA
Shane Watson NSW

Random Cricket fans initial take on the squad:
Matthew Wade has apparently been dropped from the ODI squad for, and I quote, "poor form". He's a consistently sub-par gloveman, particularly up to the stumps, and with the bat he averages less than 22 and strikes at less than 70 after 40 matches. Sometimes it's not form.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man **** this series. Can just see one of Watto or Clarke getting injured for no reason right before the Ashes.

I'll still end up watching it though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
reaaallly not seeing the point of clarke going on this tour
He's named subject to an assessment of the injury; it says as much in the press release. I'd be surprised if he played.

Completely agree with "Random Cricket Fan" by the way.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hoping India name a straight up full strength team. Can't see why they wouldn't. Should be a good series.

Paul S

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Wade is a good riddance.

Too many ODIs. Not the ideal preparation for Sheffield Shield cricket and The Ashes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I just knew Henriques would be added to the squad. They love selecting him for Indian conditions. I wonder if the selectors feel as though Hazlewood could do with some first class cricket. I just have this feeling that he is being looked at very closely for an Ashes spot and will feature if he performs for NSW.

Justo

U19 Debutant
Hazlewood definitely being kept for the Ashes IMO. With Cummins and Starc injured, Bird and Pattinson returning from injury and Harris's likelihood of injury a good start to the season could get him there (WACA Test would potentially be a good opportunity to debut him if he warrants it). He was also probably our best bowler on the South African A tour as well which has put him ahead of Sayers etc.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm still expecting news of a Hazlewood injury.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BTW really enjoying the selectors decision to let Smitteh focus on long form cricket for the time being, because he would've been a valuable inclusion for this otherwise.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
BTW really enjoying the selectors decision to let Smitteh focus on long form cricket for the time being, because he would've been a valuable inclusion for this otherwise.
Think Smith might still be injured. He was actually named in the ODI squad for the England tour originally.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Pleeeeease rest Clarke for this tour. Nothing good can possibly come out of him playing.

When Haddin was first picked in the Ashes squad I picked that he would eventually be replaced by somebody other than Wade, and I am feeling as though I might be right.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Dean Jones apparently made a double ton against India on this day 27 years ago. Does anyone know much about this knock?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Australia Squad: Shane Watson, Aaron Finch, Phillip Hughes, Michael Clarke (capt), George Bailey (vice-capt), Adam Voges, Brad Haddin (wk), Moises Henriques, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Johnson, James Faulkner, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Clint McKay, Xavier Doherty.

Australia in India 2013-14 : Haddin back in ODI side, Wade axed | Cricket News | India v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

So the coach doesn't believe in the rotation policy, none of the test players are going to be rested, but the coach himself is going to stay in Australia to 'refresh'. #BringBackMickey