• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2013 Short formats

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Australia have some real decent batting depth in their ODI ranks ATM, complete contrast to their test set up.

Clarke, Marsh, Smith all in the wings.
Even Michael Klinger for example. I'd be highly surprised if Klinger ever played an ODI, but if Australia had a long-form batsman outside the side who was as good as Klinger-the-OD-player he'd walk into the Test side right now.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it's bizarre how that happened. A year ago I was lamenting how awful our ODI batting lineup looked beyond Clarke, a Hussey who was only playing half the time and a misfiring Watson, now it looks reasonably solid for the first time in donkey's years.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia have some real decent batting depth in their ODI ranks ATM, complete contrast to their test set up.

Clarke, Marsh, Smith all in the wings. I suppose someone will say White also.
I was actually just thinking about this while taking my dog for a late night piss.

There is Ferguson too who is obvs the reserve batsman on this tour. If the World Cup was at a later time and another venue I wouldn't be that annoyed if Clarke stopped playing ODIs because of the current depth.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Love the dexterity of a six fingered banjo player. Awwww **** my brother hacked my account.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it's bizarre how that happened. A year ago I was lamenting how awful our ODI batting lineup looked beyond Clarke, a Hussey who was only playing half the time and a misfiring Watson, now it looks reasonably solid for the first time in donkey's years.
Better selection has definitely helped. Dropping Wade, Warner and Dussey as well as not trying to do completely weird things like bat Henriques in the top five has made a world of difference.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Too full from Johnson here. Needs to be bowling four bouncers an over at these ****s.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Every dog has its bladder.
Ha. It took my a few seconds to actually get the link from before.

BTW, call me loko but I wouldn't mind keeping Hughes in our best XI especially if he was given the gloves. It would just make our team have so much depth and strike power.