• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2013 Short formats

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a piss take, surely? I know he's unfit, but he's only been in the job three months. HTF do you need to rest up in those circumstances? He'd get more rest in a 5 star hotel in Mumbai than he would having to do the house work at the behest of his missus anyway. Stupid **** he is.
It's just so ironic that a bloke who wants to pander to the masses and refuses to acknowledge that rotating players is part and parcel of modern cricket is resting himself after one series.

Wonder how long it is because Australia go down the England route of one coach for tests and one for the rest.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would have loved to see Cameron White in this ODI side. But I don't blame the selectors for not picking him.

A big Ryobi tournament for him and he could really push Voges, Ferguson, Maxwell for middle-order place. After watching the Victoria-SA match the other day White looked a lot better than Ferguson.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
BK-JDU-Shami-Mish-Ash for the T20I match. Anybody's guess what the bowling for ODIs will be. We'll see BK-Ish-JDU bowling together, but spin may be rotated heavily, with Yuvraj back but not bowling so much, Mishra doing decently in the patches he got, Ashwin not so much, and Jadeja not at all in the CLT20 without getting much runs. Batting picks itself, with Rohit-Dhawan-Kohli-Raina-Yuvraj-Dhoni for all the games, barring injury.

These seam-up blokes are better for ODs than Umesh Yadav, but will they survive the flat decks of this series? JDU is the best of this bunch.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
12:30 am friday sydney time, so midnight thursday for you radelaideians

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ian Chappell snubs BCCI, won?t do commentary on India-Aus series - Hindustan Times

I'd rather watch the live cricket telecast on mute if all that I get to listen to are some voices of men having had their mouths stuffed with money by the autocratic and utterly insecure 'sporting' (notice the irony !) body that the BCCI is.

Well done, Chappelli. Atleast for some noble men, character still holds fort over money. #Respect

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think the "administrative matters" gag is that big a deal really; it's unfortunate but understandable. Banning commentators from criticising team selection is a complete joke though. Will consider boycotting the commentary myself if I can get that verified.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Banning commentators from criticising team selection is a complete joke though.
It is real and they've been doing it for a while.

Hearing Shastri justify Jadeja's inclusion and Ojha's dropping was absolutely awful. It wasn't just stupid, it was very clearly toeing the line, and none of the commentators even called him on any of it.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Hearing news that BCCI have apparently booted out Sanjay Manjrekar also from commentary. So they just want Shastri, Gavaskar, Sivaramakrishnan and Tom Moody to do the commentary?