• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Nation As... England as the WWE

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Possibly the worst thread I have started. Take a suspect idea while bored but not bored enough to do it justice or well. :dry:

Any way. England as the WWE.

Alistair Cook
Not the best in the world but very close and is trying to get back to where he was a year ago. The most consistent and hardworking performer day-in-and-day-out. Nothing glamorous but effective.

Joe Root
Outrageously talented but doesnt quite look how you expect an international athlete to look. Has performed well and shown moments of genius without ever managing to overcome all the doubters. Destined for a long and illustrious career but still on the rise and hasnt hit his peak yet.

Jonathan Trott
Not so long ago The Miz headlined Wrestlemania. Still making regular appearances but doesnt have the relevance or profile of the recent past.

Kevin Pietersen
The Cult of Personality. Back stage heat, clashes with authority, outspoken and sublime talent. Able to get attention performing or in the media.

Ian Bell
Much maligned and has never quite got 'over' with the crowd. People seem to concentrate on what he fails to do rather than what he has achieved. A consistent servant to the game without ever mounting a realistic challenge to being the top talent on the roster.

Jonny Bairstow
Hyped newcomer who has got a huge push from management but has not captured the public's imagination. Needs a tweak before possibly making the next level or others will overtake him.

Matt Prior
On the scene for a while and his excellence is often under appreciated. Not one of the superstars but is capable of making those around him better and has a vital skill set that holds the whole production together.

Stuart Broad
A natural villian. Has the physical tools to perform but is inconsistent. Pisses a lot of people off though the ladies seem to like him.

Swann, Finn and Anderson to follow due to 10 pic limit in posts.

Anyone want to possibly save the thread by doing another nation as athletes, actors etc?

I'm ready for whatever **** I am given for this thread. :D

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Graeme Swann
A veteran performer who doesnt overpower but has a subtle array of tricks. Key to the team and can be thrown the ball in a variety of situations by a captain confident that he will not let the side down.

Steven Finn
Much hyped big man with the ability to be dynamic and ruffle the feathers of even the best. Just hasnt kicked on, lost some momentum and needs to expand his arsenal.

James Anderson
Adored by some, despised by others. The face of the attack even when others are doing the damage. Gets to choose ends, lead the way and has had a remarkable career that may not quite touch the heights of some who have carried the mantle before him.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Finn as Ryback is genius. Height in pace bowling --> Muscles in WWE is a wicked analogy.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
:laugh:

This is great. Really good analogies for the most part.

Not sure Sheamus is close to being 'best in the world though'. Not sure Bryan is destined for a long and illustrious career either.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
India

Sachin Tendulkar

Loved by fanboys. Trading almost entirely on past glories. Refuses to move on with grace. Continues to hog the limelight (or at least attempts to). Takes up space on the card that could be used to put over younger talent.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sreesanth

A slimy, slithering, lying cheat, who teams with some of the shadiest people in the business.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

Not sure Sheamus is close to being 'best in the world though'. Not sure Bryan is destined for a long and illustrious career either.
I could defend the Sheamus pick but in truth I think the Cook and Anderson ones are the weakest of the lot. I didnt really want Cena involved but I couldnt think of a better match on the current WWE roster.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I could defend the Sheamus pick but in truth I think the Cook and Anderson ones are the weakest of the lot. I didnt really want Cena involved but I couldnt think of a better match on the current WWE roster.
I thought the Anderson one was actually really good tbh.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

:D

WrestleMania-Daniel-Bryan.jpg

I still stand by most of them especially KP/Punk. 6 months on and both gone

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Rogers - Ric Flair
Whenever you think he's gone, he just keeps coming back. But you don't really mind, because who doesn't love him?

David Warner - Antonio Cesaro
Young, confident, brash. But he can damn sure back it up in the ring.

Shane Watson - X-Pac
Its not good heat, its "go away" heat.

Shaun Marsh - Randy Orton
Backed to the hilt by the booking team, the crowd is a bit sick of him and he's not hugely consistent for a guy of his obvious potential.

Michael Clarke - Shawn Michaels
Bright start but faded away. Came back, improved with age, and is now the best in the world at his role.

Steven Smith - The Rock
We don't call him TPC for nothing. (I actually feel Daniel Bryan is a more apt comparison tbh - finally recognised as one of the best in the world, trained by HBK and seen as his successor, and with incredible levels of popularity behind him).

Brad Haddin - Ricky Steamboat
A throwback to days of old, and the kind of guy who will be gaining "you've still got it" chants until the day he dies. Never quite made it as 'the guy'. Plus Haddin's retro-a-go-go bat requires an 80s star, not a modern one.

Mitchell Johnson - BORK LESAR
When he's on, he's the most destructive man in the business. When he's gone, you remember the worst and don't want him back.

Ryan Harris - Undertaker
A guy who, by sheer force of will, made himself an extremely good worker and is able to do things he really shouldn't be able to do. Experienced, struggles to remain in the ring consistently, is being transitioned into a backstage role, and will go down as a legend of the company.

James Pattinson - Chris Jericho
Seriously bloody good but spends way too much time out of the company to be considered the best of them all. Either loved or hated, depending on your perspective.

Nathan Lyon - Christian
A vital part of the architecture, but never quite considered for the highest of honours. Does his job and does it well, but the bookers always see the grass to be greener on the other side, and never give him the recognition he deserves.

This shows how long its been since I've followed, tbh. Think of these in the context of about 2009 at the latest.