• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Barnes Standard

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
but Crowe was an exception......I m sure other batsmen might have found the technique hard to follow
Just for the record, while Wasim could for some fit into that category, he is for most still is an ATG, just not top tier with some of the very elite. The original statement was intended for Larwood, Miller and Lindwall who for me doesn't quite fit into the ATG category for me and definitely doesn't deserve to be rared ahead of Marshall as Benaud has done. WPM and strike rate just not good enough.

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't think Benaud rates Miller ahead of Marshall. Miller was in the pool of all rounders and lost out to Imran and Sobers in Benaud's team

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
but Crowe was an exception......I m sure other batsmen might have found the technique hard to follow
Yes, but there's a reason we have the term "that ball was too good for the batsman" in cricket.

I generally hate the X-factor category - especially when applied to batsmen - but there are certain players to whom it absolutely applies. Akram to me is the bowling equivalent of Lara. These are players who can make an excellent bowling attack look pedestrian and very good batsmen inept. Lara vs Warne and Akram vs Dravid are good examples.

I think that DoG's analysis will come out with some statistical method for supporting players like this. The great opposition category, match-winning performances etc will hopefully come to Akram's aid here.