• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

smalishah84's favorite XI

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
The Uncle is related - Wiki says there is a something called a cousin in law. For cousins through a marriage.

However I reckon since the Uncle is related to Agent by marriage as well that this all makes it a step to far as Agent's connection is dependent upon two marriages.
Guess you are right Hurricane.

My aunt does mention that Immy's sisters tend to visit her in-laws since the families are friends/related.

smash84

The Tiger King
enough of your **** Agent, time to wipe the floor with Imran's relatives :p

time to reveal one of my next greatest/favorite cricketer

smash84

The Tiger King

Brian Lara

What a batsman. Personifies the concept of a match winner. I know many people take exception to the concept of match winner but Lara certainly was one of those. He could single handedly put you in a position to win the match and then take you over the line. Overall Sachin probably shades it very very marginally as a batsman due to his consistency but for me (for some reason) everlasting memories of Sachin are usually those where he put India in commanding position and then falling short unlike Lara. I must say that I first took notice of Brian Lara in the 1992 WC. Those flying flicks, those flying cuts. Man, this had to be the swashiest batsman to have ever graced the cricket field. Those used to be my thoughts (still are actually). When it was his day Lara would bloody murder you. He would attack the bowlers like a daredevil and mess them up real bad. I can proudly say that I was lucky to have watched his 1999 series against Aus live on TV. It is arguably the finest display of batsmanship of all time. While he wasn't as good against express bowling as Viv but it would be unfair to say that he wasn't good against them. Probably Lara's biggest weakness was his inconsistency but on his day he could pummel the best. Some of his best battles came against the greatest spinners of all time and he would beautifully dance down the wicket to Warne and Murali or go back and beautifully cut them .His footwork was exquisite and oh that backlift. Him and ME Waugh out in the middle at the same time and many television sets in the world would probably need to be cleared off the jizz on their screens. One of the best batsmen to have on your team and just lovely to watch. The prince of Trinidad walks into my middle order as one of my favorite players

smash84

The Tiger King
I just looked up the dictionary for swashy. Turns out it means too soft like over ripe and stuff.........LOL...ok I didn't mean that by swashy. I meant flashy :D

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lara, along with Tendulkar was the prime reason my interest in cricket really began. The 1995 series in England was one of the first I ever saw and Lara's performances left a massive impression on me. I was just 7 years old at the time, and probably hadn't been hit over the head with the importance of statistics and averages. I just must have thought "Wow this guy is awesome, I wanna bat like him". Many years later when stats were fully ingrained in my mind, I realised that not only did Lara manage to awe me with the beauty of his stroke play, his exciting approach to batting, and his rapid scoring rate , but that he also did what is expected from a great batsman get a bucketload of runs.
He got 765 runs with 3 hundreds and 3 fifties, at an average of 85 and Strike rate of almost 80. Aesthetic beauty with the stats to back it up

smash84

The Tiger King
mind your business ****........you ruined this thread once before. I will return to this in good time