• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indoor Cricket

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I want to know about Indoor Cricket.
I asked about Indoor Cricket to an Australian coach. He answered that his team play Indoor Cricket in winter as training, and do not join official competitions.
Could you tell me about the difference between Indoor Cricket and normal Cricket on turf?

jan

State Vice-Captain
Indoor cricket is simply crap.
At least here without indoor cricket dedicated facilities.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Indoor cricket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've played a lot of indoor cricket Loko. What do you want to know specifically?
I have many questions.
In normal Cricket, there are 4s and 6s. However, the playing area is smaller in Indoor Cricket. So, is the value of boundary (4s or 6s in normal Cricket) same?
When I saw an Indoor Cricket game on YouTube, 1 over was 8 balls. Is that normal in Indoor Cricket? If so, what is the reason? (In the Laws of Cricket, 1 over can be both 6 and 8 balls.)
How large is the playing area? And how many players does a team have?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The Wikipedia link answers all your questions I think.

Overs in Indoor Cricket are 6 balls, but no balls/wides mean an extra ball will be bowled.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, proper indoor cricket is 8 ball overs and wides are not re-bowled unless it's the last over of the skin where the batting team has the option of making the bowlers re-bowl it or not (saves the bowling team bowling 8 wides to save the skin).

Sundries are also worth 2 runs instead of 1.

I believe the governing body is also introducing into the World Cup the mandatory pizza tray attached to the back wall where if you hit it you get a six pack.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The Wikipedia link answers all your questions I think.

Overs in Indoor Cricket are 6 balls, but no balls/wides mean an extra ball will be bowled.
I used to umpire Indoor a long time ago. I'm certain that overs were 8 balls.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I used to umpire Indoor a long time ago. I'm certain that overs were 8 balls.
You are correct as is benchmark00

On the topic of indoor. I cannot bowl an indoor cricket ball. It feels too light in my hand and the ball is either a beamer or a triple bouncer no ball.

Which is a shame as I could probably bowl an indoor ball about 110ks which would be a challenge for the 60 year olds I come up against in the beginners division I am in.

Red

Yeh, you're right. I forgot about the 2 run thing for no ball/wides and the extra ball available in the last over.

I haven't played for about 4 years, but I did fill in maybe a year ago and I'd noticed some rules had changed with stuff like super-overs (double run/penalties) etc.

I swear we used to have 6 ball overs when I played. But I'm probably wrong there too!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've started to bring in t20 style rules to indoor cricket to jazz it up a little, but the proper stuff is still 8 a side, 8 ball overs like it always has.

I remember on ABC back on the day they used to show the state league. Bruce Reid used to turn out for WA.

Red

This was ****ing with my head so much I just called the indoor centre I used to play at. They have 6 ball overs there.

Might not be the standard, but I knew I wasn't that mental!

Marius

International Debutant
They've started to bring in t20 style rules to indoor cricket to jazz it up a little, but the proper stuff is still 8 a side, 8 ball overs like it always has.

I remember on ABC back on the day they used to show the state league. Bruce Reid used to turn out for WA.
In the indoor league I play in South Africa we play six ball overs.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
According to my friend, 8-ball over Cricket (not indoor, but normal turf Cricket) was popular in Australasia many years ago, but today there is no 8-ball over Cricket except Indoor Cricket. Is that true?
And could you tell me the size of playing area of Indoor Cricket? Is the pitch length (20.12m) same?