• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indoor Cricket

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yes I agree that one of the biggest fundamental shortcomings of Baseball is an inning ends by 3 outs, and pitcher can avoid strong batter by intentional 4-balls.
Yes the judgements of strike and ball are very often unclear. I do not know why there is no Wicket, but does Rounders have? It is widely believed that Baseball's origin is Rounders.
In baseball, there is "Catcher's Box" and Catcher must be there. And Catcher must receive the ball without bound. When a ball bounds, the batter is not automatically out in the case of 3 strikes.
Lokomotive, are there any famous YouTube clips of this type of event happening? Lol at 3 outs being a shortcoming, how many outs do you want to give?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
you guys are being way too precious. lokomotiv's suggestions are awesome, lighten up.

lokomotiv what is your opinion on the height of the grass on the field? should we have grass at all?
Firstly, I do not know why Cricket players do not wear spike shoes, unlike other sports on grass like Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Australian Football, etc.
And as for grass, I think that high-quality artificial pitch would be best, like Hockey.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are apparently now rules in indoor cricket that if you play out three balls in a row without scoring you have to run on the fourth ball. I hadn't played for years and filed in for a game last year with some of the younger blokes in our club.

I actually hadn't realised it was still a thing tbh. I thought it had died out ages ago.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
There are apparently now rules in indoor cricket that if you play out three balls in a row without scoring you have to run on the fourth ball. I hadn't played for years and filed in for a game last year with some of the younger blokes in our club.

I actually hadn't realised it was still a thing tbh. I thought it had died out ages ago.
Really? Is Indoor Cricket going 4-balls 1-over?
And I support a new rule that maiden is out. Maiden out makes the game faster and more spectacular.

Burgey

No, I meant if you face three balls in a row without scoring you have to run on the fifth.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
What do you think would be benefit of playing four ball overs?

plz reply.
According to #64,

There are apparently now rules in indoor cricket that if you play out three balls in a row without scoring you have to run on the fourth ball.

I think that this change is very good for not only Indoor Cricket but also normal turf Cricket. I am suggesting a "maiden out" rule. So if 1-over is 4 balls, this new Indoor rule makes more sense.

benchmark00

Ftr the rule is if the score remains unchanged after two balls it must change on the third.

But that aside, do you feel this new rule would lead to negative tactics like the deliberate four balls tactic in baseball I've heard about? Would this be beneficial to the game?

Btw, would be great if you could post a video demonstrating this four ball thing in baseball. Can't picture what it would look like.

Plz reply.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Ftr the rule is if the score remains unchanged after two balls it must change on the third.

But that aside, do you feel this new rule would lead to negative tactics like the deliberate four balls tactic in baseball I've heard about? Would this be beneficial to the game?

Btw, would be great if you could post a video demonstrating this four ball thing in baseball. Can't picture what it would look like.

Plz reply.
In Cricket, wide-ball is punished by 1 run unlike Baseball.
As for Baseball video, I posted on another topic, but post it again.

benchmark00

Interesting. Do you have any other examples of 4 deliberate balls in baseball or is that just a one off?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Interesting. Do you have any other examples of 4 deliberate balls in baseball or is that just a one off?
There are many. This video is from high school baseball national tournament (knock-down system), but this kind of intentional 4-balls can be seen in professional Baseball.
In the title of best batter is determined by the average of hits, and 4-balls are not counted. So in order not to give the title, intentional 4-balls tactic is sometimes used. Some batters were given intentional 4-balls 10 or 15 times in a row.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For more than half the game's history overs were only four balls - I believe it was because in the 18th and 19th centuries there was no middle class - folk were either poor, so couldn't get much nutrition in their diets, or they were rich, and so ate too many heavy pies and were fat bastards - either way they were too unfit to bowl more than four balls without a rest and a fag break

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope you mean cigarettes there Tangy.
Generally yes, but in the Public Schools I believe they smoked cheroots, and we all know what fagging involved there - apparently Winston Churchill was Archie MacLaren's fag at Harrow, not that's really relevant at all, although it might indicate why he made such a **** up at Gallipolli - Churchill that is, not Archie Mac - he was keeping out of Churchill's way by then and had taken a residency at the Pink *****cat in Grenoble