• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indoor Cricket

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, proper indoor cricket is 8 ball overs and wides are not re-bowled unless it's the last over of the skin where the batting team has the option of making the bowlers re-bowl it or not (saves the bowling team bowling 8 wides to save the skin).

Sundries are also worth 2 runs instead of 1.

I believe the governing body is also introducing into the World Cup the mandatory pizza tray attached to the back wall where if you hit it you get a six pack.
Yeah, this was the case when I first played indoor years ago but over time just about all of the rules changed; in SA they did away with choice of re-bowling sundries entirely, 6-a-side cricket became the dominant form, 6-ball overs, etc. Did notice a huge drop in intensity with all those changes, sadly.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I appreciate I may be in the minority but I don't know. Do people honestly prefer a game of indoor cricket to a hard net session?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
When I was an elementary school child, I was playing Baseball (not British Baseball). From that viewpoints, I had many lunatic ideas about Cricket.

Introduction of Baseball-style gloves for all defense players
Increasing the number of defense players and decreasing the number of Batsmen
Using Baseball gum-ball (protection guards are unnecessary)
Baseball-style bats
Throwing is legal in Bowling
Substitution of not-out Batsman is allowed

Last edited:

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Yep, and it looks like we've heard most of em.

Instead of wishing to turn cricket into baseball, why not just follow ****ing baseball???

Baseball Fever

Perhaps this is the forum your are yearning for :laugh:
The shortcomings of Baseball are too many. For example, left batters have clear advantage, intentional 4-balls is allowed, Strike-zone is unclear, etc. So I do not like Baseball now, and consider that Cricket is a far-superior sport.

Last edited:

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
This is a wide-known event in High School Baseball in Japan.
Japan's legend Matsui Hideki received intentional 4-balls 5 times in a row in a game.

Last edited:

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Serious suggestion: increasing the number of defense players from 11 to 12.
Under the current laws 1 sub is allowed in fielding. So increasing 1 fielder has no difficulties, I think.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Under the current laws 1 sub is allowed in fielding. So increasing 1 fielder has no difficulties, I think.
Fascinating.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
how about making some suggestions and putting down some rationale with them of how they would improve the game.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Increasing the number of fielders will increase the number of outs, thereby making games more speedy and spectacular.
I'll post this here, and hope you understand.

Cricket is a game with long standing traditions. The people who love it are generally purists who are very sensitive to any changes in the game. Most posters on here (I think) prefer traditional 5 day test match cricket to the newer versions of the game. So when you come in here saying "why not have 12 fielders instead of 11" or "why not use baseball style gloves" or something else silly, no one takes you seriously, and we think you're either an idiot, a troll, or someone who has no understanding of cricket at all.

So if you do like cricket, maybe watch some for a while, and get in to the rhythm of it. Understand what it's about. It doesn't need any of your "innovative" changes. If you like it, continue watching and maybe post here. If you don't like it, find another sport you do like and stop posting suggestions in here about the sport we like. :)

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Not the worst idea. Emailed the ICC the details. Expect to see it implemented in the next year or two in T20 and 50 over cricket going on past evidence.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I'll post this here, and hope you understand.

Cricket is a game with long standing traditions. The people who love it are generally purists who are very sensitive to any changes in the game. Most posters on here (I think) prefer traditional 5 day test match cricket to the newer versions of the game. So when you come in here saying "why not have 12 fielders instead of 11" or "why not use baseball style gloves" or something else silly, no one takes you seriously, and we think you're either an idiot, a troll, or someone who has no understanding of cricket at all.

So if you do like cricket, maybe watch some for a while, and get in to the rhythm of it. Understand what it's about. It doesn't need any of your "innovative" changes. If you like it, continue watching and maybe post here. If you don't like it, find another sport you do like and stop posting suggestions in here about the sport we like. :)
Thank you for your response. I have never watched a Test. I have attended several CB40/YB40 games, ODIs, and T20s. From that viewpoint, I cannot understand why the number of outs is not counted, and 251-10 beats 250-0. So I have to learn much about Cricket.

My friends who likes Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Hockey, and GAA say that Cricket is too boring. So I was thinking about improvement of Cricket, like maiden out.

By the way, I was a Baseball (not talking about Welsh Baseball, but US-born Baseball) mad when I was a primary school child. But there are too many shortcomings in Baseball, like left-batters have clear advantage, intentional 4-balls, intentional foul-hitting, etc.

Sorry, I posted a video which I had already posted. I am posting another one, video of intentional foul-hitting.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is a wide-known event in High School Baseball in Japan.
Japan's legend Matsui Hideki received intentional 4-balls 5 times in a row in a game.
Thank you for your response. I have never watched a Test. I have attended several CB40/YB40 games, ODIs, and T20s. From that viewpoint, I cannot understand why the number of outs is not counted, and 251-10 beats 250-0. So I have to learn much about Cricket.

My friends who likes Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Hockey, and GAA say that Cricket is too boring. So I was thinking about improvement of Cricket, like maiden out.

By the way, I was a Baseball (not talking about Welsh Baseball, but US-born Baseball) mad when I was a primary school child. But there are too many shortcomings in Baseball, like left-batters have clear advantage, intentional 4-balls, intentional foul-hitting, etc.

This video is a famous intentional 4-balls 5 times in a row in a game *same video as previous one*