• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
pakistan 134/3 after 35.4 overs

require 50 from 84 balls with 7 wickets in hand

lose by a 1 run
pakistan 112/4 14.4 overs

need 33 from 32 balls with 6 wickets in hand

lose by six runs
You cannot just look at the numbers here. SA had a strong middle and lower order but still choked in the crucial matches. Pakistan has a very weak tail and hence depends on their batsmen to do all the job while batting. They should just strengthen their batting, may be have just one of Hafeez or Afridi at 8 and play extra batsmen above them. If they still fail with wickets in hand, that would be choking.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree on the choking part slightly in the 2 examples given, but in general Pakistan do not choke much due to their top order falling apart. This is no dig at the Pakistan team but the fact currently.They basically win matches due to their awesome bowling and their batting almost always fails. And even if it clicks, when they have a long tail, people know that a collapse is around the corner. That cannot be a strong position and hence cannot be considered a choke in real terms.

On the second point, I totally disagree. May be not now, but in the earlier years, their middle and lower order were ridiculously strong with so many good allrounders.

salman85

International Debutant
Serves Hafeez right when he leaves out his best bowler.

I don't care what the pitch is like,or what opposition you're playing.You DO NOT leave out your best bowler.Very poor stuff from Hafeez.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
too bad the rain interrupted the game. looked like pakistan was in a good position...

from the probable choke the margin of victory would probably have been higher for south africa and much more embarrassing for hafeez.

Woodster

International Captain
Afridi doing his best to bring the scoreboard to a standstill in the latest T20. He had Akmal down the other end with 50odd not out and he continued to swish and miss, I know he can be destructive but after a couple surely you just think let's get down the other end and let the set man tee off as he's seeing it like a beach ball and I'm just not coping with the extra bounce here. His s/r was saved by an inside and outside edge off the unfortunate Steyn for boundaries. Hate the way he starts gesturing for wides just because he misses the ball with another horrific swipe.

smash84

The Tiger King
and no this wasn't a SA choke :p

btw I have been impressed by Bilawal Bhatti. Was generating some serious pace with that relaxed action of his. Was touching 147kph

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Refering to a discussion about captaincy earlier on this thread...

Clarke did not declare u till the total was massive...

Last edited: